• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The pet thread

I would post a pic of my cat if it wasn't for the problem of it being dead for a bout 1,5 years now ( ) atleast it reached a respectful age of 15.

If I would dig it up and take a picture I would guess it was kind of a unpleasant sight

and with the risk of pissing half the forum off...

Well I still posted quite "fresh" picture about my dog even thought it has been dead like two years ago and digging it up again would barely give anything to take pic for. :p

Upvote 0
Herse mine, shes called Jenny she just turned 2 (i think) We nearly had to call the firemen over to get her out a tree once! But shes usually a good indoor cat.

jenny1dg3.jpg

jenny5sp8.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah cat's are a lot better to have around, especially when you are a busy person. Cat's generally have more personality than dogs. However some dogs do have personality and character and those dogs are really awesome but most that I've seen pretty much act like clones.

Dogs have an honesty about them. You can look at their face and read what they're thinking, whether they're happy, hurt, sad, hungry, lonely, etc. And when you walk in that door, they are genuinely happy to see you.

I'll concede that cats are lower maintenance. But all cats that I've met have this holier-than-thou aloofness to them which really puts me off.

What always creeps me out is that they always have the same exact expression.... until you bathe them: :D (This is my parents' cat, btw)

Cat1.jpg

This is my Shetland Sheepdog Trooper. He still lives with my parents at the ripe old age of 15. He's still a sweet puppy inside, but his body just can't keep up anymore. He's totally deaf now, he's got arthritis in his left front foot (you can kind of see how it's split), and he's going blind via cataracts. I don't know much longer he'll be with us, but he will be deeply missed when he goes.

Trooper2.jpg

Here he is at his 14th Birthday, getting ready to eat his steak cake. :)

TrooperBday.jpg

Upvote 0
And when you walk in that door, they are genuinely happy to see you.

True, but I litterly grew up with Bingo, he was my friend and he was always glad to see me and he would always come to me when I wanted him, I've had my share of chit chats with him :). We got him when I was like 2, I have a wierd things with cats, they seem to trust me. I thought I would be sadder when he died, but I remember the last time I saw him, I gave him a kiss on the head, so I felt like we went off on a good note lol.

Upvote 0
how many cats have ever looked happy to see you? one? dogs are always happy to see you once you know them. Truly mans best friend!:)

My cats run up to me when I come home and follow me all the way to the couch and jump up on me.

If I so much as look at the cat in the OP she will get up from where she is and come sit in my lap.

edit (infact she is right now, and is licking my hand as I type this.. .****ing cat)

The second cat I posted will claw at my bedroom door if I leave it closed until I let him in and then he will jump onto my bed and roll around

If I'm typing or reading either cat will often walk between and rub against my face in affection.

Does your dog to that?

dsc04291zn1.jpg

Upvote 0
The intelligence of a dog is directly related to the intelligence of its' master. A lot of pet owners however are azzhats. = retarded dog.

Cats are generally smarter, they hunt in stealth hardly making a sound. The feline has to be the second most efficient predator among mammals(me thinks). The most successful killer in the cat family is the house-cat, they kill over 1,000 different species of prey.

Most dogs bark at their quarry, losing the whole element of surprise thing. nOObs.

Upvote 0
Dogs have an honesty about them. You can look at their face and read what they're thinking, whether they're happy, hurt, sad, hungry, lonely, etc. And when you walk in that door, they are genuinely happy to see you.

I'll concede that cats are lower maintenance. But all cats that I've met have this holier-than-thou aloofness to them which really puts me off.

Then you've met cats who wheren't raised propper.

I've never had a cat who didn't come to greet me when i got home, or come running when i call their name, and i've never had a cat who treated me with a "houlier than thou" attitide.

You need to raise a cat, it takes alot of love, but you also have to make sure you are the alpha, but in a good caring way (your pet must never fear you!), then the cat will respect and adore you.

They are certainly not low maintenance, not if you want a great pet, just like dogs, it takes work.

You can just let a cat go its own merry way, and just feed it and pet it once in a while, but you will never get a good pet like that, but with a little understanding of how cats work, and a lot of love, a cat will be as faithfull a companion as a dog.

You'd be supriced how much work i've put into Sambo, he was abandoned by his mom, and manhandled by the little girl who had him and liked his sister better, he was a mess, scared of his own shadow,and very fearfull of humans.
Today he is a wonderfull cat, trusting, caring, happy, i still have some more work to do, it takes time to undo the damage done when an animal was just a baby, but he's getting there!
Bamse came from a good home, and has been much easier, he has never known fear.

I've had many pets, dogs, cats, birds, even a turtle! and you can get a great pet out of anything with some love, and a little understanding of how they work.

Cats are not that different from dogs, with the right care, they are faithfull and will look at you with undying love, but raise them wrong (even if you treat them well and love them, but dont raise them in a way they can understand), and things can go badly wrong.

The error many people make with cats is that they dont make sure they are the alpha in the eyes of the cat, and this is very important, same with dogs, but dogs are easier as they will pretty much see you as the alpha on the sole merrit that you bring the food, cats work a bit differently though.

When it comes to cats, its important to be the leader of the pack, but beeing a caring leader that they can come to for safety or affection, as unlike dogs, who will follow the leader regardless, cats will choose to become a loner if they dont trust or like you, you have to have an understanding with them, much like with small children, there needs to be love, but boundries and rules, for as with children, a cat will walk all over you if you let them.

Upvote 0