• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German/Russian Flame tanks,possible?? And some more

ColdNorway

Nov 1, 2006
I`ve seen movies and stills from WW2 featuring tanks with mounted flamethrowers.It would be fun to play the in RO

German:

Sdkfz251/16
StuGIII
PzKpfwIII
Or the fun Flammwagen auf Panzerkampfwagen B-2 (french Char B1)

Russian:
OT-34 and OT-34-85

Other things I would like to see in RO:
Panzerschreck
Katyusha(BM-13)
Z

I do believe I remember this being said
yes i do remember wilsonam saying something to that effect. now about spelling it right, im not sure if the devs wana hear Ofenrohr, or the proper spelling which is "panzerschreck".

problem is, the pshrek can punch through 200mm of armor like a drinkin man can down a 40 of wine, so any tank ingame would be 1 hit killed. combine that with the fact that its rocket propelled so any 100-150m shot can be made easy as aim, ready, fire. this weapon would spell uter pwned doom for any ruskie tank rollin over the field.

Upvote 0
problem is, the pshrek can punch through 200mm of armor like a drinkin man can down a 40 of wine, so any tank ingame would be 1 hit killed. combine that with the fact that its rocket propelled so any 100-150m shot can be made easy as aim, ready, fire. this weapon would spell uter pwned doom for any ruskie tank rollin over the field.

So?

The panzerschreck when initially introduced was thought to be a superweapon by german troops... so they engaged at longer ranges and found it to be not the weapon they thought it was. Sure, it punched through plenty of armour, and it vaporized anything it touched. But it wasn't the most accurate weapon beyond 100 meters...

Plus with only 1-2 schreckies per large scale map, such as rakowice, it wouldnt mean the end of the russian chances of winning... the schreck will be an eyesore when its getting carried around, and immidiatly draw tons of fire.

IT SHOULD be added, saying it's 'too good' is BS.

Upvote 0
yes i do remember wilsonam saying something to that effect. now about spelling it right, im not sure if the devs wana hear Ofenrohr, or the proper spelling which is "panzerschreck".

The Panzerfaust can also penetrate more then 200mm of armor... sadly, like much of the German equipment it seems to be intentionally undermodeled in this game.

Upvote 0