• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
due partly to the new and improved right flank building with its upstairs window and a downstairs that allows the Germans to be in the cap zone without actually stepping out onto the bridgehead. There are other interiors along the East Bridgehead that are in the cap zone as well.
As Russian, when I'm trying to take the bridgeheads I usually try to fight my way through into those buildings and hold. I've found few Germans actually using the shopfronts.

Upvote 0
I agree. It is visually and gameplay wise. I even heard the bot pathing is superb, so this would be a great map for practice play or starting up empty servers with bots enabled. :)

We've turned the BOTS off... Every time Danzig comes up.... the server gets full. In fact, we have been fortunate to be running maps that actually attract players.

Danzig is .... simply put: "MAHVELOUS!"

Upvote 0
I've played Danzig a lot now, with a variety of weapons, on both sides. In my opinion, it is an excellent map, probably the best for me. The attention to detail is superb, and the balance is good. In all the games I've played, there was a good mix of Sowiet/German victories. The fighting often occurred at the bridge, but not always so, and once players realise the grenades and MGs can hold these points, the innovation and tactics start coming in.

In war, there were all sorts of situations, and Danzig represents the confined street fighting. It will, of course, not appeal to everyone. But there are lots of other maps, and there is also the option of making your own.

So, well done TWI... thanks for providing an extremely professional scenario, which opens up some new ways of playing, makes us think, and is not just a re-hash of some pre-existing map.

I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I like the map, it reminds me of Rome total war except the bows and arrows are replaced with nades and the swords are replaced with guns.

It reminds me of Pacman except the monsters are replaced by Riflemen unless you eat a powerup (find an MG) and then they run from you and the cherries are replaced by ...erm...err.... *sound of metaphor creaking and beginning to crumble*

:D

Upvote 0
Side note: you haven't seen nade spam if you haven't played danzig in the mod days.

Now, to the real subject. Simply put Danzig is great. It's the most intense and brutal map i've played so far. The problem with mod Danzig was the bridgehead-bottleneck (despite that, i still loved it). 'Cos of the bottleneck, a medicore axis team could easily beat more experienced allied team. Gladly those days are over. Sure it's a little harder to play on the russian side, but not as hard as it used to be.

Upvote 0
Yes, he may have had some kind of cheat or he may have been a 12 year old who happened to lay down in the right spot.

It is true that my experience on that server may have been unique. But as to the population playing, it changed a lot over those 25 rounds where the Germans were winning every time. Every three rounds you had to repick teams and people came and went so the population was virutally replaced during my stay there.

From the other server it is clear that the Russians can win but it took a long time every time. But if the Germans have their sh*t together at all it can indeed be impossible for the Reds to ever capture the both bridgeheads at once.

I can't wait to get back on there tonight and try. :cool:

Upvote 0
The russians need to send 2 players to the left bridge to keep the axis honest, put the sniper and a rifleman or 2 in a good overwatch position and send everyone else right. Smoke the road across the bridge to the left and rush the building on the right. Once the building on the right is taken, set up a couple of rifelman to watch the street, set up 1 or 2 autos to watch the back door, move th sniper to another overwatch location then have the original 2 on the left bridge along with the players not assigned guard or overwatch duties to take the left bridge. Note* above strat has not been tested but sounds solid in theory.

Upvote 0
The russians need to send 2 players to the left bridge to keep the axis honest, put the sniper and a rifleman or 2 in a good overwatch position and send everyone else right. Smoke the road across the bridge to the left and rush the building on the right. Once the building on the right is taken, set up a couple of rifelman to watch the street, set up 1 or 2 autos to watch the back door, move th sniper to another overwatch location then have the original 2 on the left bridge along with the players not assigned guard or overwatch duties to take the left bridge. Note* above strat has not been tested but sounds solid in theory.

hehe theory has always been owned by practise... ;) ALWAYS

Upvote 0
You forgot to mention that this strategy will never work on public games =D.

Upvote 0
The Germans need to man the shops that have capzone in them. The shop that can fire on the East Bridge Exit has a counter they hide behind and still kill people before they enter cap. From the bridge it is impossible to see into that window, other than a faint muzzle flash.

The new improved building on the Russian right needs to have a GOOD sharpshooter up there or an mg.

The Germans also need to keep a man or two at the downstairs door of that building. They are in the capzone even when indoors with complete defilade from enemy fire.

On the Russian left the Germans simply need to show a demonstration of defense there. So long as the Eastern Bridgehead keeps being defended from inside the buildings and out, the Western Bridgehead can fall and be retaken over and over.

That is about all that should be need to give the Russians a very frustrating gaming experience where they NEVER take both bridgeheads and never win a single round.

Upvote 0