• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

recording demo's

If you buy the full version of GameCam that will not impact on performance and get the sound.
Fraps impacts because it does not have the time to compress the video while gaming. Probably a waste of time if you have a lower end machine but i can live with the frame drop on mine.

if anyone finds another Better programme i would be very interested to hear about it please.

Upvote 0
If you buy the full version of GameCam that will not impact on performance and get the sound.
Fraps impacts because it does not have the time to compress the video while gaming. Probably a waste of time if you have a lower end machine but i can live with the frame drop on mine.

if anyone finds another Better programme i would be very interested to hear about it please.
give me the game cam link please:p

Upvote 0

First, not compressing while recording means better performance. It records raw videos and does not poke CPU with unnecessary calculations while gaming. I've tried it and I think it isn't near Fraps' quality.

Upvote 0
I bought the full-version of gamecam and still works like a charm here.
One of the most, if not THE most cool feature is the video recorder. I have it always on and it records the last 30 or more seconds. If you witness a cool moment ingame you just press a button and the last 30 seonds (or more if you configged it like that) are saved in avi or wmv format. Afterwards edit the small movies with moviemaker for instance and you'v got great RO-footage.

Their support is very good and once you'v bought it all future versions are free.

Monk.

Upvote 0
First, not compressing while recording means better performance. It records raw videos and does not poke CPU with unnecessary calculations while gaming. I've tried it and I think it isn't near Fraps' quality.

I agree but Fraps does compress slightly resulting in poorer performance. All the same though i find that using both is fine in differing ways, just depends what i want it for.

Again though if anyone out there knows of a better programme please enlighten us mortals :)

Upvote 0