• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
You both quoted nad throwing position that I originaly posted...

Ok lets end that bit right here. :)

Nah, I just quoted some one else quoting you. I didn't quote you directly.

Anyway, back on topic.....

The amount of wood (wine racks, balusters and barrels) is slightly annoying when you can shoot through them.
You see a MG on the balcony, yet you can only kill him with a head shot.

It may be a limitation of the game, but its still somethimg map makers can avoid with some lateral thinking.

Its not a biggie tho

Edit: telling forum members to drop the quoteing thingie is like telling a school kid never to put the tea cosy on his head.

Edit2: I do see the Irony of quoteing you to say I didn't quote you.

Upvote 0
Remember boys and girls, you can go across the boat in the middle and the dock behind the wall is IN the cap zone and OUT of nade range unless they come in directly from the side (in which case they should have been shot by your sniper/mger/riflemen long before they get into a nade throwing position.

As for all the so called "choke points". There are multiple (3/4 or MORE) ways into and out of every objective. Don't just go the same way into a heavy defense. Probe the other entrances, or use them to attack the known defenders to let your buddies in.

And in most locations on the map their is enough ruble that a single nade shouldn't take out more then a few people near each other if the team is spread out even the slightest behind different bits of cover.

I'm sure you will start seeing better play as people learn the map.

Unfortunately, teamwork is nonexistant in pub play :(.

Upvote 0
Meh.

The new Danzig is easier to cross the bridges than in the mod, and the mod version almost always had a Russian win.

As far as chokepoints, well... Urban combat had the highest risk, and the highest casualty rate of any other combat scenario in World War II. Why? Because a half-decent defender could turn every corner, every street, every open area into a deadly killing zone.

Though, yeah... I wouldn't mind if the amount of nades got dropped a bit. Two per rifleman, one per automatic... or something.

Upvote 0
First thing I do on Danzig is whip out my nads, every time. Both of, fast as I can. WHAM, WHAM! Eat that Kraut****ers!

All that aside though, it's a great map. Looks really nice, and doesn't feel quite as nade-whorish as the mod map did. Maybe I'm just imagining things, but I think something got changed.

(Yes, I missed the 'e' on purpose:p)

Upvote 0
I played on the Tripwire server today, and jeez, it was awesome. Some of the best players in the community were there, and we had alot of really great games. It is not a nade fest, much to my surprise (I remember the mod map only too vividly). Almost every building is enterable, and from the windows you should be able to shoot anyone approaching the bridge with their nades out. I love this map! It is amazingly intense, especially the fights around the Command Centre! Good job TW, I was afraid of this map, but I really really fell in love with it today!

Upvote 0
Have not tested the map yet, but this sounds interesting. It`s nothing new that a challenge will put many players off and send them in to a deep depression. Personally I love challenges, and chokepoints are welcone in my book.

How many times do we see players lying prone in the open taking potshots at eachother for the whole length of the game? Chokepoint FORCES you to move your butt. Throw a grenade, throw some smoke, then RUSH the bastards on the other side. You will probably find them lying prone in the dirt anyway. Kill em all and move on.

If you are lucky, maybe some teamates will follow you through the chokepoint and cap the objectives. The whiners will probably still lay behind complaining about the impossibility of clearing that chokepoint.

Chokepoints, I love em! Teamplayers, I love em! Whiners, I don`t care about them!

-Korporal V

Upvote 0
I too find the new map intense yet satisfying. I played on both sides and saw the other side win as much as my side. The key for my team crossing the bridge was getting the smoke grenades out. After that it was house-to-house, room-to-room murder and mayhem. Less grenades than full auto assaults and flanking guys who were focused on shooting out windows or down stairs.

Oh, and playing on the Tripwire server was great as I got to kill a Dev with a headshot has he was defending the East Bridge from us Russians. I sure missed shouting "Uzzah!" as I charged across and nailed him as he lay with his Stu44 at the top of the basement stairs. I took up his rifle and went on to use it to great effect against his teammates!:D

Upvote 0
I didn't seen the map already and i don't care iff i get naded or not.
People should just be happy with this update. It's FREE and offers a lot of good stuff.

I'm pretty new to RO and it's coomunity, never played the mod but one thing i notice that RO players
seems very hard to please....

I'm glad i can read a lot of positive reaction in this topic too....

Upvote 0