• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Types of tanks

The SU-85 was only available mid/late 43, and the stug was in use from 1940.

I'd like to see more stugs in general. It was one of the most produced german vehicles during the war and saw extensive service in an anti-tank role
Hmmm, still I think it'd be nice as it was made in huge numbers and there's the possibility for it to be incorperated into quite a few maps like Barashka, Arad, Ogledow (don't remember all the tank map dates). Plus It's basically already half done as it used the T34 chassis I think.

Upvote 0
Actually my numbers seem to be wrong. It looks like its production numbers weren't huge but around 3000 or so (which is still more than enough to justify it especially considering some of the rare tanks like the t60 & the pzIV f2 already in game). The T-70 seems like a no brainer as the counter part to PzIII's and maybe PzIV F1 as over 7000 of them were made. Also there is an SU-85M version with thicker frontal armour (75 mm). So maybe that would be more comparable to the STUG.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I doubt I'd find that enticing.... What I would like to see is infantry being able to "behave" like infantry and vehicles the same.

By that I mean infantry being able to climb over fences and rocks and the tanks not being stopped cold by items (natural or otherwise) that normally would be no impediment at all. To see a soldier stopped cold by a knee-high slat picket fence or a tank stopped by a dip well handle is rather odd.

Those types of enhancements would imho, really lend to the realism factor.

True. And this "tank-ramming" stuff is also kind of odd.

Btw, I had a look at that Nashorn link and, lol: It is reported that in early March of 1945, Lieutenant Beckmann from sPzJagAbt 88 destroyed Soviet IS-2 at the range of 4600 meters near Marzdorf.

Actually my numbers seem to be wrong. It looks like its production numbers weren't huge but around 3000 or so (which is still more than enough to justify it especially considering some of the rare tanks like the t60 & the pzIV f2 already in game). The T-70 seems like a no brainer as the counter part to PzIII's and maybe PzIV F1 as over 7000 of them were made. Also there is an SU-85M version with thicker frontal armour (75 mm). So maybe that would be more comparable to the STUG.

My source says 2050 SU-85 were built. 1148 SU-122 and 1675 SU-100. The StuG III was produced in numbers of around 8200.

(The source is panzerlexikon.de)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Light tanks? How about some light vehicles ?
like the SdKfz 251/9 "Stummel" (7.5cm KwK L/24) its a halftrack armed with a low power 75mm or the Sdkf-222?

Light vechicles would also give something for the At-rifle and T-60 as well as other light tanks to kill also add some more dimension to the game.

Upvote 0
I'd personally like to see more light vehicles, and early war maps, just to make the focus for combined arms maps having the infantry and the armour move together, rather than the tank going and doing its own thing.

me too!

Well, I still want some of the multi-turreted T-28 :) Not sure I'll ever get anyone else to agree, though :(

well, I agree Wilson! a multi turret tank would be GREAT fun! :D

Upvote 0