• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank teamwork brainstorm

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
A couple of days ago, I was a russian tanker on Konigsplatz, I used the turret while some one else drove. The problem was, while I wanted to check my surroundings with my optics I had no overview over my surroundings because the driver was taking corners like mad, even while yelling "stop" several times, it even got so irritating I just jumped out of the tank to cool down. Now, my question is, would there be a way to still have an overview while some one is driving the tank, or solve this on another way?

I find it very useful to map as many Tank voice commands as possible on the num pad; like "Enemy Ahead/Behind", "Left/Right", etc.

I have the "Move back/forward 5 meters!", Turn right/left a little" mapped to the arrow keys on my keyboard.

It helps alot if you don't use VOIP. Taking the time to type stuff out takes too long sometimes.

Also, people need to understand that you CANNOT shoot tanks on the move. You can on modern tanks because the gun is stabilized with computers and stuff, but not ww2 era tanks, usually. Even though some were better suited than others for this.

Also, TW should add an "Area Clear" or "Can't see enemy" voice command, so a driver knows to move along or move a bit if enemy is obscured. Also a "Good shot!" command would be nice. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
maybe with an extra point system next to the regular score there is a "tankcrew score" like when the commander says stop and the driver hits the brakes (spacebar or just slows down) the driver recieves a point, maybe with the rest of the commands it would be too hard to do becaus when the commanders says "go forward 5 meters" the driver doesn't know when to stop because of the weird FOV.

Upvote 0
maybe with an extra point system next to the regular score there is a "tankcrew score" like when the commander says stop and the driver hits the brakes (spacebar or just slows down) the driver recieves a point, maybe with the rest of the commands it would be too hard to do becaus when the commanders says "go forward 5 meters" the driver doesn't know when to stop because of the weird FOV.

U oh... Dangerous I think.
Sometimes the driver sees things the commander cant...
ANd TOOO many times doesn the commander spot a target while you are in the middel of a field, telling you to stop.
It turns out that he hasnt spotted the Tiger at 12 O'clock, 100m... But you have... Now he hits the breaks :D

Im dealing with it by taking the driver seat most of the time.
This way I have complete controll over where I move, regardless of the commander.

Secondly look for Player names with TT behind them.
This means Team tanker, which means that the player ALEAST want to do what is correct.

VOIP on Local channel is a must if you want effective teamtanking.

I allways tell my commander the following (example)

Enemy Tiger 4 O'clock, 200meters, Priority.

Prioirty means that the tiger has spotted us and will shoot at our weak armour in short time.

This is very difficult without VOIP, but is lifesaving indeed.
-----------------------------------------------
A third idea is to limit tank spawns, so the drivers become more carefull.
It should be stated clearly that you only have a few tanks, and if they are wasted on Cap rushing, your side is pretty sure lost.
IN addition to this, there should be a minute "waiting for crewmembers" delay. To prevent a single player running away with the precious piece of equipment.

Upvote 0