• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Map Design: <Requires Name>

Really nice evening atmosphere you've got going there.

Just as a random note for your town, from my experiences of making RO-Attila, you should take a look at how the buildings in RO-Ogledow village are embellished - they have some really neat addons to the general *box* layout that make them stand out a lot, and many of them aren't hard to do. Off the top of my head, there's raingutters made from pipes in the Industry pack, sm roof beams, those little extra roofs that help divide up the building facade, etc ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the comments guys ! I really appreciate it :D .

This map looks the business, release a beta soonish please xD

Im going keep working on it, no worries there. I cant promise it will be soon unfortunately because im going back to uni next week. But i can promise work will continue, at the moment its about 60% complete with the village been the main remaining section to do.

I will keep posting updates when more is completed :)

Upvote 0
That depends how you design it, bottlenecks also concentrate the action and dont let players sneak into an objective. The axis wont get bogged down easily at those bridges, they have 2 tanks to the allies one and there is plenty of cover. Also i have a way for infantry to cross underneath the bridge so the crossing cant be held by pure nadespam.

Im also considering adding an infantry crossing between the 2 bridges but only if testing shows that teams are getting bogged down.

Upvote 0
Wow, looks very, very cool!

At first glance it reminded me of an old, abandoned fabric factory near my house that I'd thought about turning into a map. The site's surrounded by a fence, now with several holes in it. On the west side of the river "hump" is a culvert, which I thought could maybe become a TNT-able obstacle and another way into the factory complex.

Anyway, I don't know if this could give you any more inspiration, but here it is:
http://wikimapia.org/#y=42367506&x=-71196846&z=18&l=0&m=a

It's the complex of three-ish buildings in the center of the map. I might be able to get you some interior photos, if needed.

Upvote 0
Just thought i would post a little update, since the announcement of the competition work rate has increased (i could really use a new CPU ^^). My current estimate for completion is 2 weeks at the outside also with any luck i willbe able to incorporate the new vehicles in the next release into my map.

Heres a screenshot showing the flak position and the western bridge in the distance with a view from the tower.

ROKorestenPIC4.jpg

Upvote 0