• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German Scout Vehicle

The Russians have the BA64 (I think) aka Clowncar
Russians will soon have a nice cool armoured Transport Vehicle.

The Germans have their slow halftrack.

I just wanted to say that I think it would be really nice, in order to give both teams a balance in transport vehicles, a Scout Vehicle that can compare to the clowncar.

On the side note... one funny thing that can happen with such a thing would be...

A user creating a racing custom map ... germans and russians racing with their scout vehicles with tanks in the middle taking them down lol...

As the russians have the clown car - I would like to see the germans get those crazy little motorcycles with the carriage on the side of it - that would be great for spreading the love of teh shambeh bambeh !!1!!

In all seriousness though - the germans do need something that they can compete with the russians with in terms of quick vehicular movement.
3 thumbs up!​

Upvote 0
As the russians have the clown car - I would like to see the germans get those crazy little motorcycles with the carriage on the side of it - that would be great for spreading the love of teh shambeh bambeh !!1!!

In all seriousness though - the germans do need something that they can compete with the russians with in terms of quick vehicular movement.
3 thumbs up!​

6.jpg

Upvote 0
BA should be removed, it does not have a real place in "actual combat" RO is modelling. It may be suitable for urban fighting, but then as the ground type doesn't affect it's speed, it'll still be a clown car.

I'd like riding on tanks more than having a armoured carrier for soviets by the way. Sometimes it doesn't have to be balanced.

Upvote 0
Yeah, replacing the clowncar with the unicar or giving them germans their bike ,so they have the ability for quick caps, would only be fair.Last night I've played Orel88vs76 on german side and these CCCP (Clown-Car-Capping-Persons) are really, really annoying if you ain't having something equivalent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
things like the clowncar and the box car and the 1/2track mainley belong on a big city map like odessa, but even bigger. thereare manytimes on those kind of city maps when having a veichle with an mg to support the lads would be sweet. BUT NO ANTI TANK ?@#$%^@#^@#^@ EVERYWHERE1!!, thats my main problem with most maps that have halftracks and clowncars in cities, theres 1.3 million panzerfausts, and the veichles areturned into death traps. imo on a map like odessa if it were to have armoured troop carriers, there should be no anti armor weapons, forcing you to treat those enemy veichles with actual tactics instead of just "pfaust him1!!", most of all amoroured veicles can be killed by nades inside or underneeth(you can kill the crew).

Upvote 0
Personally I like the sdkf 222 it was a very cool recon vehicle which packed a punch with its Mg-34 and its 20mm auto cannon.
I also like the motorcycle idea especially since it was used alot during the opening of Barbarossa but we really need a counter to the Soviet recon tank the T-60. The direct German equal is the PzII. In real life the PzIII L was invulnerable to the T-60's antitank gun except at suicidal ranges from the side (50 meters)and whats even worse is that Ro-hedgehog takes place in 1944 after the PzIII L was fitted armored skirts making it totally invulnerable to Soviet At rifle and T-60 fire.:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0