• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rainbow Six - Vegas

FPS without a mouse to look/fire really does ****. Unless it's Goldeneye you're playing. You just can't react in time and the enemy AI needs to be slowed. Imagine the original R6 or Raven Shield but using a console controller to aim & shoot. It wouldn't work.

Actually, the original rainbow six came out on the PS1. I have it somewhere.

Upvote 0
FPS without a mouse to look/fire really does ****. Unless it's Goldeneye you're playing. You just can't react in time and the enemy AI needs to be slowed. Imagine the original R6 or Raven Shield but using a console controller to aim & shoot. It wouldn't work.
Its pc players who say that!
I have an xbox and I guess that more than half of my games are first person shooters. Sure it takes some time to get used to the controllers but in the end they feel much better than a mouse in my opinion. It feels more like aiming instead of clicking-someone-to-death.
Thankfully RO stands above those problems.
No offense, but if you can

Upvote 0
Not so, I myself am a console gamer, but I refuse to play FPS on a console because the control system is basically too silly, and never feels right. After playing fps on PCs for so long going to a system with no real fluidity annoys me.
It's why I'm buying a Wii.

That and <3 Nintendo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have an xbox and I guess that more than half of my games are first person shooters. Sure it takes some time to get used to the controllers but in the end they feel much better than a mouse in my opinion. It feels more like aiming instead of clicking-someone-to-death.
Thankfully RO stands above those problems.
No offense, but if you can

Upvote 0
it feels better than a mouse

Lies make baby jesus cry.

I've played more than just Nintendo fps on consoles, be it PS2 Xbox or 360. Still can't beat a mouse. Anyway like you say, one can't convince the other.

In my experience though, 90% of the games that go multi-platform, when you play it on a console, the enemy AI takes considerably longer to aim and target you than it does on the PC. Because they're allowing you time to aim & shoot, even on harder difficulty settings. This is because it is not as fast or efficient.

Anyhoo's...

Upvote 0