• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 2142 Demo

DO you not realize that 2142 is only 136 years away???? I really don't think we will have lasers for everyone by that time. Some of the ammo is a bit "different" but I dont think any are lasers.

In the past one hundred years compare the rifles then to the rifles now, the tanks then to now, and planes then to now.

Lasers being around in 130 years is not that far off.

Upvote 0
LOL one century is a long time. Look back 100 years ago :)
today's army vs the 1900s version? LMAO

We went from a Z80 to a Conroe in less time FFS!! :eek:

Not just the weapons and tech has changed, but cammo, doctrine, strategy and tactics has too....

so the future according to EA we will be running and gunning and bunny hopping and pop-guning each other :D

Upvote 0
I just don't see how in 136 years we can change our ammo so much that we go from brass casings to starwars laser ammo like some of you want. The bullets are different but I don't remember how exactly, in the demo the ammo for the guns you get just appears to be regular ammo similar to what we have now except for the sniper rifle because that bullet travels 2 miles per hour.

Upvote 0
In the past one hundred years compare the rifles then to the rifles now, the tanks then to now, and planes then to now.

Lasers being around in 130 years is not that far off.

In 100 years we have gone from bullets and propellant encased in cartridges being fired from rifled barrels.......to bullets and propellant encased in cartridges being fired from rifled barrels; just in quicker succession.

The technology behind projectile weapons really has not advanced that much. It's still basically pushing a piece of lead down a barrel by blowing up something behind it. I agree with Strother. Laser based infantry weapons are still a long way off. Bullets, or at least similar projectiles are with us for a long while yet.

Upvote 0
In 100 years we have gone from bullets and propellant encased in cartridges being fired from rifled barrels.......to bullets and propellant encased in cartridges being fired from rifled barrels; just in quicker succession.

The technology behind projectile weapons really has not advanced that much. It's still basically pushing a piece of lead down a barrel by blowing up something behind it. I agree with Strother. Laser based infantry weapons are still a long way off. Bullets, or at least similar projectiles are with us for a long while yet.

What Conscript said.

There will probably not be much change simply because it's not really needed. 1 modern day soldier has about the same firepower that a entire regiment of musketeers had back in the days.

Upvote 0
Yeh that would be sweet!

I got this game for my birthday. I didnt ask for it nor give any hint I wanted it...

Now Im in 2 minds whether to take it out of the packaging and installing it...

What shall I do? :(

install it.

its a great game, ima buy it and just block the crap.

seriously, its great fun with friends over TS

Upvote 0
The reason why the hover tank cannot work over water is because it is too heavy. The weight of the tank requires greater thrust from its engines to make it hover, this thrust hits the ground and the ground holds up and creates a cushion of air under the tank making it hover, but when you go over water the force is too great and the water in theory would be pushed out of the way and the tank would fall to the river bed and the water would swamp back over it lol.

that makes complete sense:D

Upvote 0