• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Toy: M44

Morgan Hill, 15 minutes south of San Jose.
Ha, I grew up in Morgan Hill, went to P.A.Walsh, Britton, Murphy, Live Oak, and Gilroy High. My Family has been there since 1955, we are Old School Morgan Hillbillies. :)

My cousins' Family has been in the Valley for 150+ years, and his great, great, great Grandfather was (iirc) the First Sheriff of Santa Clara County.
Adams, he hung the Mexican Bandit Vasquez from the Huge Oak Tree in Vineyard Square, right next to Jamba Juice. A couple years back we were partying with some friends of mine, and one dude ended up being the great,great,great, Grandson of Vasquez... small world. :D

Upvote 0
I've heard the Finn rifles have tighter barrels, and a lot of the heavier stuff is larger diameter.

If you can find it, try Ingman. I tried some of their 150 grain soft points, and wasn't too impressed by the accuracy. The power was something different altogether! 7.62x54R.net clocked em at 3,000 fps out of a 91/30! I could feel the difference in recoil, and I could HEAR the difference!!!

My rifle seems to like 180~200 grain bullets, though. Or maybe I just like 'em better. :p

Upvote 0
I've heard the Finn rifles have tighter barrels, and a lot of the heavier stuff is larger diameter.

If you can find it, try Ingman. I tried some of their 150 grain soft points, and wasn't too impressed by the accuracy. The power was something different altogether! 7.62x54R.net clocked em at 3,000 fps out of a 91/30! I could feel the difference in recoil, and I could HEAR the difference!!!

My rifle seems to like 180~200 grain bullets, though. Or maybe I just like 'em better. :p

Only M28s and M28/30s have the tighter bores. I've heard they have .308 bores. M39s, or any Finn with a D mark on the barrel, are set up for the bigger stuff and have around a .311 bore. M91s and 91'30s tend to like the heavy stuff. While carbines tend to like the light ball ammo.

Upvote 0