• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Massively Mutilplayer games?

how do you get scammed in a game? :)

I played Anarchy online when it had a free 1year trial - sci fi'ish fanatsy - anyway it's all about killing things and leveling up - how boring...

and even though it's supposed to be massively multiplayer , you never get that feeling in these types of games

what I liked to do was the various moves and gestures you can string together with your avatar infront of group of players - LOL :D

Upvote 0
Eve works like a real world. You can get scammed and you will get scammed if you're stupid enough, that is a part of Eve so get over it.
May I remind you,
...I used to play EVE online, until I was scammed out of 5,000,000 isk and the admins/mods refused to do anything about it, despite being able to trace who did it etc. I'm not paying a monthly fee to play a game where people are free to do whatever they like to other players...
And why is it that you think only stupid people get scammed? Is knowledge of game mechanics supposed to install into your brain along with the game, and scam victims opted out of that? Seriously, its not only stupid people, lots of reasonably intelligent people get scammed in real life too, but at least in real life, something will be done about if the authorities(admins in-game) know who it was.

how do you get scammed in a game? :)
I played Anarchy online when it had a free 1year trial - sci fi'ish fanatsy - anyway it's all about killing things and leveling up - how boring...

and even though it's supposed to be massively multiplayer , you never get that feeling in these types of games

what I liked to do was the various moves and gestures you can string together with your avatar infront of group of players - LOL :D
So do you play ANY RPGs? I cant think of any that arent like that... I enjoy leveling, getting new abilities, and figuring out which is best(for me) to use.

Upvote 0
Donut, scamming is part of Eve. You can't have all the social structures in that game if everyone is allways "acting nice" and cooperating. It's not how the game works, everyone that has looked into Eve knows this. It's about politics, social engineering and economics. You can't have those things in a game without also letting all the bad things in, else it's just a joke and a carbon copy of every other mmo out there and their "this is really just a singleplayer game with coop" aproach.

Upvote 0
So do you play ANY RPGs? I cant think of any that arent like that... I enjoy leveling, getting new abilities, and figuring out which is best(for me) to use.

yeah, but if I can do this playing offline singleplayer, why do I need to go online, pay a monthly fee, to do the same with crappier graphics etc etc ? :)

sure you can co-op the missions, but that gets old after a while.

I always thought MMO games had more atmosphere with so many humans on together. But most of the current games don't have that feeling, I still feel "alone" somehow

I want an alive bustling enviroment...
The game environment should be good enough where you can just stand there and enjoy the scenery while lots of NPC and human players move about.
And maybe have a complex text to speech system, so that typed conversations between players nearby turns into speech you can hear :)

Upvote 0
I played a bunch of MMORPGs, but I decided to stop a while back. I started with EQ1 and played it off and on for about 4 years. Played SWG when it was released as a buggy nightmare.. played for about 2 months and ran out of content (this was before the refined pvp and added awesome time sinks like jedis) and sold my account for around $200. Played EQ2 when it was released. I was one of the first rangers in the game (not sure exactly but I knew I was 3rd on my server and i think in the top 10 for the game) but also got sick of it rather quickly and quit after a few months. Same story with guild-wars and recently I got into Vanguard beta, which seems to be a really good MMO but the genre itself just doesn't appeal to me anymore. The fact that successfull you are in this games has 5% to do with your skill and 95% to do with how much you can afford to play it just doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore. I would reccomend Vanguard for anyone out there looking for an MMO though, it's the best one I've played since original EQ.

Upvote 0