• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

This is true that Ruskies did have the Nagant revolver but.....

Can you use a speed loader on the nagant revolver or no???

I remember it being in the mod on Pavlov... it was pretty cool but the reloading animation ****ed and it wasnt even more powerfull than a regular pistol...

Um, No.

Have you ever seen a Nagant revolver? They are an 1895 design, hence the M95 name. I own two of them myself.

Note that you are comparing a modern revolver to a turn of the century one.

Nagants are loaded one round at a time. Unloaded the same way with an extractor rod which is even slower.

Now, does this revolver belong in RO?

You bet your a$$ it does. It was very prolific on the EF and should be in the game.

And before anyone gripes that it would mess up gameplay, let me remind you that developers and map makers could simply include the Tokarev pistol as a choice.

And that is all we are asking. Put the Nagant back in the game and give us the choice to use it at our own peril. Slow loading or not, WE WANT OUR NAGANT! :)

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Why not, id like to see it on 41-42 year maps (and especially on Red October
, dont know why :) )

Also Mauser (not sure it was C96 or not) pistol used by Soviet officers

We should see it (Nagant Revolver) on all maps since it was used for roughly from WWI-The 1950s.

C96 is too rare as issued to Russian Officers. You would be literally comparing a needle in a hay stack (C96 w/Russians) to a haystack of needles (Nagant & Tokarev).

IMHO we already have enough uber Rare weapons and not enough of the dirt common ones like the Nagant etc.

Upvote 0
Some of you might remember the old Nagant thread I posted a while back, let me give you guys the link, its got some good Nagant info on it.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8486

I heard that the Nagant revolver may have been issued to normal foot soldiers while the Tokarev went to leaders and tank crew. I just heard that and I'm not sure if its true. But to me that offers a perfect opportunity to add the Nagant revolver, if it was issued to normal soldiers I'm sure no one will argure about getting the Nagant over getting NO pistol at all.

The Nagant could also be applied to maps where the Tokarev is claimed to be in short supply in order to give the Russians more of a challenge in close quarters combat.

Also, I was luckly enough to get a real good look at the old Nagant and its animations from the mod and I think the reloaidng could have been done differently. In the mod the animation ejects the first shell and loads the new shell as a single animation and repeats this animation up to seven times, this alternating of hands and operations takes up precious time. I think that if its changed to quickly ejecting all spent casings (up to seven) and THEN switches to quickly loading shells, then I think the reloading animation could be sped up by quite a few precious seconds and maybe even more without hurting the reality of the firearm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, I was luckly enough to get a real good look at the old Nagant and its animations from the mod and I think the reloaidng could have been done differently. In the mod the animation ejects the first shell and loads the new shell as a single animation and repeats this animation up to seven times, this alternating of hands and operations takes up precious time. I think that if its changed to quickly ejecting all spent casings (up to seven) and THEN switches to quickly loading shells, then I think the reloading animation could be sped up by quite a few precious seconds and maybe even more without hurting the reality of the firearm.
That wouldn't do nothing. On the maps when all Russian soldiers get pistols, what do the German soldiers get? Lasers?

Upvote 0
It would be neat to have in the game. You'd have to have some way to stop the reload animation though. It takes so long to reload you'll be out of the battle for awhile otherwise. I know my '35 Tula takes awhile. The ejector rod isn't spring loaded. So you have to manually push and pull the rod to eject each cartridge.

Upvote 0
Okay so if the nagant revolver was added in game, who would have it? Since it's so dirt common, will riflemen have it? It's not an issue of it being dirt common but rather an issue of balancing. Hence, if Russian riflemen get pistols, German riflemen must too.

It would be available in the same classes as the Tokarev Pistol and would be an alternate. Very simple.

And when I posted "dirt common" I meant that they were made in the millions.

Upvote 0
Okay so if the nagant revolver was added in game, who would have it? Since it's so dirt common, will riflemen have it? It's not an issue of it being dirt common but rather an issue of balancing. Hence, if Russian riflemen get pistols, German riflemen must too.

It would be available in the same classes as the Tokarev Pistol and would be an alternate. Very simple.

And when I posted "dirt common" I meant that they were made in the millions.

Nagant revolver in real world = TRASH .

You are probably only saying that because you don't and can't own one.

FYI, they are not intended as an assault weapon. They were for personal defense. German pistols were also issued for the same reason.

In a self defense situation, you could not hit your target with seven shots then you are in big trouble anyway.

Upvote 0
It would be neat to have in the game. You'd have to have some way to stop the reload animation though. It takes so long to reload you'll be out of the battle for awhile otherwise. I know my '35 Tula takes awhile. The ejector rod isn't spring loaded. So you have to manually push and pull the rod to eject each cartridge.

This is not a problem and they (people who don't want the Nagant) really can't complain about it. Why?

Because the Tokarev pistol would be available as an alternative. It's not forced on anyone.

If they don't like the Nagant? They can simply choose the Tokarev instead. Problem solved.

But those of us who want to keep things realistic want the Nagant Revolver as a choice for historical / realism reasons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That wouldn't do nothing. On the maps when all Russian soldiers get pistols, what do the German soldiers get? Lasers?

That doesn't even go with what I said, you quoted me talking about the reloading animations not if it should be avaiable to foot soldiers or not.

And like GonzoX said, pistols were NOT assault weapons. Even if the Nagant was given to foot soldiers, it wouldn't totally unbalance the game because the rifles, semi-autos, and smg's are better for the job anyway. About 90% of the times I die I never fired my pistol because I was busy with my more powerful MAIN weapon.

And if the Nagant was given to foot soldiers it wouldn't (And shouldn't) be that way on every map, just a small handfull.

Upvote 0
I have my 44 Tula Nagant (the one in my sig picture) sitting beside the keyboard right now, and I have some empty shells, I'm going to unload/load them.....ok it took me 35 seconds, mind you this was a rough test, I have never practiced loading the gun for speed, so a well trained russian officer would probably be able to do it in a much faster manner, but heck i'd be comfortable with 35 seconds in game. I'd love it for the realism. I'd always choose it over the tokarev. and the only time I really use pistols is if I run out of a clip while in a firefight, loose my weapon, run out of ammo completely, or are a tanker.

7 shots is all you really need in those situations, just enough rounds to take out a close in enemy or get you're self behind cover, and the nagant is pretty accurate, it's not like you are supposed to spray and pray with it.

I hope what I've written makes sence (i'm tired and don't feel like revising it):D

Upvote 0
I hope what I've written makes sence (i'm tired and don't feel like revising it):D

Dont worry, it was clear as crystal.

35 seconds, that excelent to know. What process did you do though? Did you eject all spent casings first and then put in the new shells, or did you eject and reload each chamber one by one?

Try both ways, one might be faster or easier than the other.

Upvote 0
that was done through the unload all then reload method, I just tried the 1 unload 1 reload method and got really frustrated (kept dropping shells ect), it took about 1 minute 25 seconds and seemed to over complicate a fairly simple procedure. But once again, I'm no reloading expert, far from it. I'm sure with practice someone could get a much better time.

hey, and to all you nagant owners out there, I recently found out that WOLF ammunition plans on putting out 7.62x38 nagant sometime next year! and hopefully will be cheaper

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is not a problem and they (people who don't want the Nagant) really can't complain about it. Why?

Because the Tokarev pistol would be available as an alternative. It's not forced on anyone.

If they don't like the Nagant? They can simply choose the Tokarev instead. Problem solved.

But those of us who want to keep things realistic want the Nagant Revolver as a choice for historical / realism reasons.

I wasn't saying it would be a bad thing to have in game. I'd like to have it. All I said was I'd like to be able to interrupt the reload sequence.

Upvote 0
I wasn't saying it would be a bad thing to have in game. I'd like to have it. All I said was I'd like to be able to interrupt the reload sequence.

I understand that. Well that would be nice to do with all the weapons.

My point was simply that if the slow reload is a fudge factor for you, you have the Tokarev to fall back on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0