• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

As requested: Pz IV H - and update news

Instead of introducing an irrelevant vehicle like the T-70, which after 1942 was mostly comitted to scout tasks I propose the team at Tripwire work on a very important but largely ignored variant of the T-34 which was used to the final stages of WWII: the T-34-76 Model 1942 and the Model 1943. The 1942 model featured a cast hexagonal turret with bulbous gun mantlet and two hatches in the roof. A total of 14,041 tanks of this variant were produced between mid 1942 - mid 1943.

The Model 1943 has a similar cast turret, however of a slightly different design with softer edges and is known as the ChKZ turret (from the factory were it was produced). 10,760 vehicles in this configuration were manufactured between mid 1943 - early 1944.

Both these variants are sometimes referred to incorrectly as the Model 1943 because of their almost identical apperance. Germans dubbed these models the "Mickey Mouse" because of its appearance with the twin, round turret-roof hatches open. Both tanks retained the 7.62 mm F-34 main gun. The turret recieved extra armour which increased to 70 mm at the front, 40 mm at the mantlet, 52 mm to the sides and rear and 20 mm of protection at the top.

Upvote 0
Is a panzerfaust capable of making a hole in wall so big that a soldier fits in?
The shape charged warhead is so effecitive because it concentrates the explosion to a small point.

Remember, this is a weapon that can penetrate up to 200mm of steel, the sheer force of the weapon would cause at the very least a reasonable sized hole in the wall. Think of it as smashing a massive fist into the wall.

Upvote 0
lol, King tiger!!!

the one tank that should never be in this game for many reasons

one, nothing "should" be able to kill it. During the course of the King Tiger's service in WWII none have ever been penetrated. Only way a King Tiger has fallen is because of mechanical failure or it became stuck

secondly, in this game the king tiger would have to be killable, and even I would be pissed that a satchel charge, Pfaust, or PTRD could even scratch it, let alone any russian tank able to penetrate it.

Know in your hearts you german fanboyz that the King Tiger is just that the King, and to model it into a game would unbalance it if left accurate, or ruin your favorite tank for the sake of balance.

Edit
Apparently russians have killed a couple of king tigers in an ambush situation

New statement, no king tigers have been killed due to penetration on the western front
yes for many reasons i wont it in the game, also i wont the su152 :D:D:D hetzer jagdpanther my Kamfgruppe stiner needs new tanks ;-) ohh and this monster for russian team like the su152 http://tank.dee.cc/KV-2-s.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ACtually, I'd prefer a little more focus on the early war period. I'd like to see the Panzer II, BT-7, hell, even a T-28 maybe. The "uber tanks" and such of the late war are rather overdone in my opinion. People are always clamoring for the king-ultra-super-duper-ganga-ganga-mega-sabretoothedtiger-hunter-destructo-tank. Me, I'd like to see more maps like Berezina where early-war tactics and vehicles can come into play.

Plus, the more emphasis on the late war, the more we're going to need to improve the hand-held anti-tank weaponry.

so true u make me wet

Upvote 0