• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Sherman can penetrate the front of a tiger.
If the round doesnt shatter.

The higher-velocity 76mm gun M1 gun gave Shermans anti-tank firepower comparable to the Soviet T-34/85 and many of the AFVs it encountered, particularly the Panzer IV, and Stug vehicles. By the end of the war, 50% of Sherman tanks were equipped with the 76 mm gun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What is the 'Cardinal'? Another Soviet pos tank?
POS? I guess it depends on what month you are talking about. In September the Cardinals were crap. They got beat by seemingly everything that got thrown at them. However, towards the end of the campaign, starting in October, for some inexplicable reason they started owning again like they did in '*4.

Whenever the Tigers and the Cardinals match up you know it will be a good battle. It will often come down to who gets the first shot off that will determine who is victorious.

Upvote 0
POS? I guess it depends on what month you are talking about. In September the Cardinals were crap. They got beat by seemingly everything that got thrown at them. However, towards the end of the campaign, starting in October, for some inexplicable reason they started owning again like they did in '*4.

Whenever the Tigers and the Cardinals match up you know it will be a good battle. It will often come down to who gets the first shot off that will determine who is victorious.

-lol but.....just who are you quoting I looked thru this post 3 times.:D

a) Let's introduce a new factor, 30

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've taken on several T34/85s and an IS2 on Barashka before... Instead of flanking me, they persisted on sitting in perfect angle with me and taking shots. I probably took out 5-6 tanks before they finally realized that I wasn't moving anywhere...

You see that a lot. Some tankers don't quite get the idea yet. :)

"Hmm, my last shot bounced off to no effect..lets try it again exactly the same way and see what happens!"

Upvote 0
You see that a lot. Some tankers don't quite get the idea yet. :)

"Hmm, my last shot bounced off to no effect..lets try it again exactly the same way and see what happens!"

It was quite ridiculous. I still try to tell people on such tank maps to take a shot, and move forward. Not only are you setting yourself up to flank the enemy tank, but a moving target is harder to hit, plus you can slow or stop the capturing of an objective...

Upvote 0
Re

Re

Just would like to jump in on this thread at this point to say something about the realism. I just had a long conversation with my guild about realism in RO. I been trying to get them to come over and play RO and they just wont do it. The argument is that RO is lacking enough realism to pull them away from the other WWII games that they are playing. Most of them are interested in the tank combat of the game and of course want to know what the Tiger tank is like. Well, In honesty, I had to tell them that the tank combat was not up to par on the realism level and that I felt that Tripwire was attempting to balance the game out a bit making some tanks better and others weaker. This lead to negative comments and the final decision was they would not be giving the game a try at this time. My point of this post is that after thinking about this issue already for sometime, then my guild conversation and then reading this thread, people are not going to bother with playing RO if it does not stick with the realism in my opinion. Other games do balance, graphics, and arcade game play better than RO. I think that people are only going to be interested in RO if it can offer a very realistic sim type game. Forgive my punctuation, I had a few to many tonight.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.