• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

To say the FJ were not an effective unit for the rest of the war is incorrect. Just because Hitler didn't order any massive jump operations, and because of that to say the FJ were ineffective, is to demean their performance as infantry and mechanized troops in North Africa, Italy, Russia and Western Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crete
I did not meant that. But they lost importance and in the same time they did not stay as "effective" bunch as in early days. Like in Belgia or Crete. And the main idea in my post was just to show, that there is no need implementing FG-42. Like many had written before me, as I noticed. :)

Upvote 0
Cough, G41, Cough.... But you are correct in that adding the FG42 wouldn't be all that historically acurate. I'm sure a few found their way to the easter front, but not in any numbers worth mentioning.

Apples and Buicks, man. I believe the G41 was produced in amounts of over 70,000 at least (and I'm leaning towards 100,000, actually), whereas the FG-42 was supposedly only produced in total amounts of about 7000. The G41's hardly rare by comparison, it's just that it was an "in-between" rifle that preceeded G43, which was produced in larger numbers and over a longer period of time.

Upvote 0
Apples and Buicks, man. I believe the G41 was produced in amounts of over 70,000 at least (and I'm leaning towards 100,000, actually), whereas the FG-42 was supposedly only produced in total amounts of about 7000. The G41's hardly rare by comparison, it's just that it was an "in-between" rifle that preceeded G43, which was produced in larger numbers and over a longer period of time.
Apples and buicks??? that made my day :D

Upvote 0
Id say you can implement all kinds of weapons even if they are rare....
All you need to do is to add it possible for the map creators to add Weapon spawn limit.

IE if you let the FG42 respawn 10 times, there you go, its very rare, and should be sparsely used.

Id like to do the same with snipers...
How on earth is the snipers allowed to spawn as many times as a boltaction class?!?

The sniper was FAR less common than a bolt action class.
It should be limited to maksimim of 10% of the total reinforcements!

Upvote 0
Id say you can implement all kinds of weapons even if they are rare....
All you need to do is to add it possible for the map creators to add Weapon spawn limit.

IE if you let the FG42 respawn 10 times, there you go, its very rare, and should be sparsely used.

Id like to do the same with snipers...
How on earth is the snipers allowed to spawn as many times as a boltaction class?!?

The sniper was FAR less common than a bolt action class.
It should be limited to maksimim of 10% of the total reinforcements!

Thats a good idea... I think the FG42 should be available, just not on realistic battles where they never attended, which is basically the whole eastern front.....so that backfired. I vote for a Western front expansion pack!

I agree that the fg42 might destroy the game, this is desighned to be a "realistic" game, I have never heard of the FG42 in the eastern front...Someone inlighten me?

Upvote 0
Thats a good idea... I think the FG42 should be available, just not on realistic battles where they never attended, which is basically the whole eastern front.....so that backfired. I vote for a Western front expansion pack!

I agree that the fg42 might destroy the game, this is desighned to be a "realistic" game, I have never heard of the FG42 in the eastern front...Someone inlighten me?

I never heard of the mp41 being used on the eastern front.. enlighten me?

Add the fg42 to FJ maps & late war, defensive maps like kongisplatz.

Upvote 0
I never heard of the mp41 being used on the eastern front.. enlighten me?

Add the fg42 to FJ maps & late war, defensive maps like kongisplatz.

The Mp41 was rarely used anyways...but it was in use on the eastern front.

Wasn't the FG42 a paratroopers weapon? I can see them popping up in battles like Konigsplatz, and agree konigsplatz would be a good map for it, but it should not be a widespread or even used moderatly RO weapon...it should be rare, unless someone makes a map with paratroopers....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just so people know- FJ paratroops were deployed in Ukraine around Kiev (1941 I think not the gun obvioulsy). Not saying add the gun but it would be wholey appropriate in Konigsplatz as Lainer said. Seems more likely it would be added from a customer mapper or modder. I can't see 4 German SMGs opposed 3 Russian SMGs being created by TW when there are so many more important things to fix (like snow camo for Germans).

Upvote 0
I don't think they should add it.
Around 420,000 Stg44 (nearly the same as G43) have been built, compare that to roughly 4,400, so nearly 100 times as much!
Even the G41 was build nearly 30 times as much.

Around 18 (!!!) million people were in the Wehrmacht overall - so not including SS and Luftwaffe.
Including that weapon would be ridicoulus.

Upvote 0

hehe Didnt think of whether the FG42 was in Russia at the times.
Id rather see realistic maps with realistic weapons, than adding a weapon that was never there...

Did the FG42 participate in the Afrika Korps?
In that case atleast it will be created...

Upvote 0
It, like many other weapons of either high performance or quality were often picked and used by many.
How, if there were only so few produced?

Let's say 9 million soldiers were serving at the same time.
4,400/9,000,000
Even with this overly optimistic calculation only 0.05% of the soldiers had one, if you consider that soldiers died while their weapons were reused the figure increases only slightly.
You could say that this weapon was close to non existant on the battleground - excluding operations of FJ like the freeing of Mussolini.

It would be even worse than saying that you should add the Stoner 63 to a Vietnam game where you play regular GIs, even though that this would be more likely than that case.

Upvote 0