• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map The Blackest Day of July - PreFinal

what kind of hardware are they using because tested it on 2 machines and niether have had any problems.

nVidia 7900gt (MSI) SLI on two of them Intel 3Ghz 2GB Ram - MSI P965 (motherboard) PCIe

nVidia 7900gt (MSI) single on one. Intel 3Ghz 2GB Ram - MSI P965 (motherboard) PCIe

All have the latest drivers/updates/etc..

Its the only map that causes the flicker to occur.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nVidia 7900gt (MSI) SLI on two of them Intel 3Ghz 2GB Ram - MSI P965 (motherboard) PCIe

nVidia 7900gt (MSI) single on one. Intel 3Ghz 2GB Ram - MSI P965 (motherboard) PCIe

All have the latest drivers/updates/etc..

Its the only map that causes the flicker to occur.

Must be the nvidia hardware then because on my garbage ATI one nothing comes up.

I've had the flicker issue before but not on this map.

What exactly flickers? Is it the vehicles and weapons, or static meshes?

I'm going to removed the sunlight actor and readd it for good measure anyway.

Upvote 0
Must be the nvidia hardware then because on my garbage ATI one nothing comes up.

I've had the flicker issue before but not on this map.

What exactly flickers? Is it the vehicles and weapons, or static meshes?

I'm going to removed the sunlight actor and readd it for good measure anyway.

The vehicles, weapons and their surroundings are fine its the outside area. The area you see when looking thru the port or the open hatch as you are moving along.

Upvote 0
I get the flicker occasionally too, and I have an ATI X800. It's minor, but it is there. I don't recall it being there in previous versions. I do run RO with all my video settings maxed out (at 1280 x 960) as I have since I purchased it.

The map is still playable (and enjoyable) with it, just thought you'd like to know.

My flicker (hard to describe...) almost seems like a quick 'tear' in the screen. It is not a flash of light. Imagine a couple of black lines blinking once, very fast on the screen. This is what sorta happens every so often when looking thru the view screen. Told ya' its hard to describe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, is it a light flicker or a heavy flash?

because sunlight attor bugs (I've had a few) don't quite do what you are describing.

Its a light flicker... I don't believe its a bug, as this is the only map I see it in. If I were to associate it with anything in real life, it would be that type of flicker due to vehicle movement vibrations (lightly bouncing around). At first, I thought it was in sync with the raindrop sounds (that's how fast at times it is) but that is not the case. I only wish you were near me geographically speaking... I'd invite you to visit and see for yourself.

Its annoying as hell, but its not an absolute gamestopper. It simply detracts from the overall quality of the map. I might add the map is a damn good concept. That is the reason I persist about the flicker.

Upvote 0
No, a 19" Flat Screen NEC CRT Monitor. No problems with any other maps. I will repeat, that the map is still very playable, and the one I tried to get screenshots off of was the 'fix' version.

Then that blows the LCD only premise....... :(

I'm at a loss now.... Moe, what refresh rate is your CRT monitor running at? Obviously, screen shots are no solution... a short movie (fraps) of it will help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys I use a LCD screen and I don't get what you are describing, I've left a post over at ya forums but I'll pop it up on here also.

Make sure that this line inside your Redorchestra.ini reads higher value than the default =60

[D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
DesiredRefreshRate=72

Angel; All LCD Monitors run ONLY at 60. Regardless of any software settings.

In any case, I tried 72 in the .ini file... no joy.

Once again for clarity; the flicker ONLY occurs on BlackdayJuly no other map flickers... not one.

It didn't flicker until the version before this one.

Moz, Beta3 does NOT flicker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0