• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bots stupidity

Bots stupidity

• Total voters
They are on most servers so shouldn't be that stupid. They stuck in base. They roaming with no reason. And sometimes they don't even shoot at you when they see you. Can that be fix?
Max out bot skill and they'll hip shoot your face trhough foliage 300 yards away.

Other then that they don't bother me because I don't play with bots.

Upvote 0
Bots are either insanely weak and stupid, or increadibly overpowered and hard. When I face any bot, they miss every shot, even on the harder levels. With an SMG, they miss every shot. You can run up to 5 bots, and kill them all with bayonets. They have poor aim, and they walk around places. WHen bots are in tanks, they are impossible to kill with PTRD, because bots ALWAYS know where you are! They basicly have a wallhack. You can never sneak up to a bot when hes inside a tank. They also drive around in circles, and randomy drive in patterns.

Upvote 0
Bots are either insanely weak and stupid, or increadibly overpowered and hard. When I face any bot, they miss every shot, even on the harder levels. With an SMG, they miss every shot. You can run up to 5 bots, and kill them all with bayonets. They have poor aim, and they walk around places. WHen bots are in tanks, they are impossible to kill with PTRD, because bots ALWAYS know where you are! They basicly have a wallhack. You can never sneak up to a bot when hes inside a tank. They also drive around in circles, and randomy drive in patterns.

They don't have wallhacks...

When you emerge from a building or from over a hill, anything to get in the bot's field of view, they will see you then. It doesn't matter if foliage is between you and the bot, they can see through that.

So maybe they have bush hacks... i guess.

Upvote 0
They are on most servers so shouldn't be that stupid. They stuck in base. They roaming with no reason. And sometimes they don't even shoot at you when they see you. Can that be fix?

That's because the map maker didn't make a "map" for the bots to follow. Bot's run off a "bot" map so they know where to go and such.

Aside from that I do have to say RO has the worst bots I have ever seen since bots started coming out in quake.

Upvote 0
IIRC wasn't RO:O originaly planned as a SP game but that idea was abandoned because of the difficulty in finding a publisher.

I see no probelm with developing the bots for SP funcionality as that opens up a whole new market (which BTW is HUGE!) of people who dont want to or can't play online games.

Don't think it's HUGE? Look at the efforts outfits like EA and Atari put into publishing SP games.

UT2007 , NWN2 , CoD , MoH , GRAW etc are primarily SP games with an online option so RO , with the proper AI developement , could fit right into this market niche.

But , AI takes a LOT of developement time and as Tripwire is limited as to how to allocate it's resources , just a few tweaks would satisfy most players needs.

Upvote 0