• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

xmas truce

xmas truce

One of my memorable moments was on the map called Partisan Forest i think, night map with 3 camps. It was 2 or 3 oclock in the morning so there were only about 8 of us on the server. So we declared a cease fire like the WWI xmas truce and we all ended up just hanging around the campfire chatting, listening to music and checking out the details in the map like that dead pig. Ofcouse we did ocationally set off a satchel or two:p. It was one of the most bizzare yet comforting things in gaming that i have ever experienced, a first persong shooter where no1 shoots eachother :D i love this game.

Upvote 0
My favorite moment in RO...let's see.

It was Konigsplatz in a nice summer afternoon. My team managed to hold onto the Seigsaussle while I, as usual, took the left flank to get behind the Russian advance. Long story short, with 3 lives I took out:

at least 12 guys or more with my STG44 (I use 'at least' to make sure I'm not exaggerating :D)
Killed 5 guys with buttstocks
Fausted an enemy infantryman just for fun
Got about 3 or 4 guys with MP40/K98 (my other two lives)

I got so close to their spawn, I was constantly nicking their panzerfaust spawn between spawns! Knocked off an MGer who failed to cut me to pieces while I hid behind a lampost, then a newly spawned guy with a semi gave me some lead. Was a lot of fun though. Near the end of the round we were actually pushing into the square. A Combat Engineer and I were sitting behind a derelict tank when a T34/85 came up and filled him with some MG rnds before he could crawl behind the tank.

Swearing to avenge him, I hid and took his satchels until the tank was a little ways away. I rushed out and barely escaped the hull gunner's MG, then rushed behind it and dumped a satchel on the engine. I went for cover and the tank suddenly went beserk and started back towards its lines. Boom.

I dramatize a bit much, but it's pretty accurate! I swear! :D

Upvote 0
another great moment was the other day I killed five people with one nade. it was great moment indeed.
and then another, i was sniper on berezina and i shot a german as he was running at me, i shot him around the neck/head area and it looked like he was clothes lined. he fell back and almost did a flip. it was awesome.

Upvote 0
Ogledow, I am in a Panzer IV, headed towards hill 247. as I crest the last hill towards it, I see a T-34 headed out of spawn over his hill headed to me. I hop in the turret aim and fire. as soon as the shot leaves the barrel I could tell it was perfect, kinda that same feeling you get when hitting a home run. The shot flys halfway across the map and meets the t34 just as it starts down the ridge. The driver had his hatch open, and the shot went straight through it. He turns into a red mist, and I get a kill message for him, and a half second later I get the kill on his gunner as the 75mm bounces around in the t34 like a mad bumblebee in a jar. Boom!

2nd was on ogledow as well. I was on one of those weeny no kill message servers so my feat of martial derring do was only known to myself. I am in a half track going up towards 247, when an SU76 comes down I turn hard to the right and I see him stop and his gun tracks toward me, LOL! his gun gets lead just as it hits the stops and I turn back towards him, and hop out just as he starts turning his tank toward me I run past him as he blows my halftrack. pull out the trusty PF and let him have it in the back of his melon.

Boom! scratch one su76. I run about 4 meters up the hill and am next to a t34 in the ruins I run by and put a PF in his sweet spot. Boom! 2 tanks in 5 seconds. I run inside the ruins another t34 is coming straight at the door, I fire my last pf. Boom a tank full of russians blows. I pick up the pf by the ammo just as another russian tank drives by I have no shot except for a chance trough the window. I fire shot goes at an angle through the window and boom 1 more tank. 4 tanks and about 7 guys in 15 seconds or less.

Then there are the other sweet moments, prone enemy smger, sprays and prays, at nearby friendlys, I run out. he shoots but his limited aiming skills are hampered by only having 5 rounds left in the clip. click! I stab his gun. weaponless he starts to stand up. You can almost see the surprise and fear as he gets to his knees, and I bayo him in the face.

Upvote 0
It was one of the most bizzare yet comforting things in gaming that i have ever experienced, a first person shooter where no1 shoots each other​
Back in the Mod days I once joined Stalingradkessel as a Russian. There was only one other person, a German, who was just learning the game and wandering around. We met in South Rail and I started showing him how to use grenades and such. A couple other people joined as Russians and eventually found us. Before they could shoot the German I jumped between them and said "Don't shoot! He surrendered!" They got a good laugh at that and let him live.
I've also explored new maps with the enemy. That usually only works when there are just a couple people on. More than that and bullets start to fly.

[edit: There was also the time in the Mod version of Koitos where both sides lined up in the square and bayo charged each other. We were having a bolt/bayo only game and it seemed like the thing to do.]

Upvote 0
I just started playing Red Orchestra last week, I had purchased it when it first came out but due to a crappy graphics card I couldn't play it. I'm loving this game so much... So far my favorite moment was capping the last objective and mowing down 3 germans all lined up with a PPS-43. Loving this game! Hope to see you all in game.

Upvote 0
I really like it when i see a teammate fighting in CQB and i come in and save him from dieing. Makes you feel good.:)

Recently on kaukinass, me and a fellow soldier were capping mortar position. He was reloading his k98, just as he began to reload two russians litterly jump out of nowhere and start to bayo charge him. I bring up my sights and shoot the one nearest to him, then charge at the remaining russian. The russian was able to stab my fellow soldier once and with enough skill or luck to stab his weapon away, before i jumped valently at the enemy and stabed him in the face! Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:D

Upvote 0
I've been playing RO for about a week now- a recent convert from Blackhawk Down- and am absolutely amazed by this game!

Favorite moment so far: I suppose it would be my second or third time online in Arad, on the German side. I rolled out in a Tiger and soon found myself surrounded by T-34's and assorted ground-pounders; after taking out the tanks (by a miracle of some sort) I spotted the troops sneaking away in the weeds. Guess what? I found out it's really hard to clean body parts from your tracks!

Worst moment so far: finding The Perfect Spot (tm) in Arad to overwatch the South field, and having an endless stream of tankers jump in uninvited and start driving away, screwing up a IS3 ambush on two Tigers. Guess what? I found myself the star of the latest episode of 'When Tigers Attack'...

I'm so new to this game, and already it's far and above anyting else I've played; I'm sure there will be a LOT of favorite moments from here on out.

Upvote 0
I have a few good moments. The first was on the second day I had this game I was playing russians on Kaukasus. I was on the hill outside the castle overlooking both the ruin and mortar. About 3 Germans charged over the hill that is between the two of them and with three shots from my bolt action they all went down. Nothing terribly amazing, but seeing as those were practically my three first kills ever, it was pretty cool.

Also, on Snowy Forest, I was playing as germans and was at the frontline. I was picking off ruskies from my foxhole with the help of some nearby friends. Then I soon looked around and found that I was the only one left in my foxhole when there had been like 3 or 4 of us. I poked my head out to see and noticed that the russian lines were advancing past me and no one knew I was there. I chucked a grenade out and got two of them, but then was killed by friendly arty. I would have been a lot more frustrated if it weren't for the fact that the arty had taken out about 10 ruskies in one volly.

Upvote 0
My favorite moment? So many, i play this game almost 3 years. But i sure remember a stab fight of 3 minutes:D Was funny, a few weeks ago i run in at an enemy to stab him but of course i missed (as always) Then that other enemy came after me trying to put that bayo in my arse. And then the fight began. For almost 3 minutes we tried to stab each other, There were several players watching at us en didn`t shoot one of us (very polite:p ) But of course i lost my concentration because a 13th shouts in TS that he is alive (not gonna call names, one hint for 13th members: twat, so you know who it is) and he stabbed me. I laugh 5 minutes after that still. But this is just one of the moments.

An other one was that i jumped on somebody`s head at Odessa (enemy head) and he starts running to the tower. I decided not to stab him and see how far i could go with my taxi. They capped Sqaure with me on his head and then he was running to Tower. Of course a lots of enemy was watching and didn`t shot me (again very polite) But at the first sandbags on east side tower i got tk by somebody who shot me from Tower:)

Also one time as Allies my weapon got shot out my hand in front of tower, so i run in tower with no weapons and climbed to the top of tower, i passed serveral enemies (think it was 5 or 6 on the stairs) inside tower but they all missed me. In the top of tower 13th Svedberg was standing there and first he missed me also but then he stabbed me:cool:

Upvote 0
My favorite is getting 4 tank kills as a sniper. Ok I had 3 PFs from a dead comrade. The first was a 60m hit on a IS-2. It was great to watch the smoke trail arch up and then come straight down no the engine compartment. A little while later 2 T-34/85s and an IS-2 drive up and surround me on 3 sides. I'm hiding between some large crates. I pop out and get a T-34. I turn around and get the 2nd T-34. Now I'm out of fausts. I sneak up behind the IS-2 and put a couple of pistols rounds into his turret. I switched to my rifle and bring up the scope. Sure enough the cupola opens and up pops the tanker and I gets my fourth tank.

Upvote 0