• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In the event of Zombie attack.....

snakedude24

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2006
Assuming you only get as much ammo as Red Orchestra gives you, which weapon would you prefer in a world where zombies have taken over?

Of course, I realize that "zombie attack" is rather vague, so let me specify some factors.

1. Family members are potential targets.

2. Zombies are not speedy - they are "Frankenstein" zombies, slow and stupid.

3. They must be killed by shots to the head or chest.

4. They are not armed with anything.

5. Assume they have the intelligence of a 4-year old.

6. Better yet, the intelligence of a CS:S kiddie.

Keep in mind that the weapon must be currently implemented in RO, and no, vehicles are not allowed.

I would put up a poll, but there are too many options.

Please provide an answer and explain why.

EDIT - SVT40 for me. Bayonet, anyone?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what would the difference be between a gun that kills zombies effectively and one that kills humans effectively?

What I'm trying to say is the gun you like to use on humans can be used just as effectively for your imaginary zombies.
It's obvious you never read the "Zombie Survival Guide"

First off zombies are only dead when you shoot them through the brain and that might even take a couple shots. You can cut off their heads and they can still bite you. Let's say you take an mg, it would be good to "Mow down" the zombies but they will just get back up if they even fall down, which they shouldn't because the bullets will just fly through them and they dont feel pain so they are not going to react to the bullet. You could possibly shoot off a leg though and that would hamper them. The mgs are just too innacurate to hit a large group of zombies in the head with every bullet. You would only draw attention to yourself with one.

The key to fighting zombies is mobility and accuracy. The 3 best weapons would be the SVT, PPSH, or the STG44. If I HAD to choose I'd take the SVT with the STG44 coming in at a close second. The svt combines accuracy and firepower in the same package, so you can shoot zombies in the head with ease and if you need to you can fire fast. The bayonet won't help much except with opening cans of food or prying doors open. The downfall with the SVT is the length, its not real long, but when you are in a hallway it could get you in trouble.

The STG44 would allow for fully auto but you should stick with semi because in full auto you could panic and waste ammo! The stg is accurate and compact enough for close quarter zombie loving. Also the clip holds a good amount of ammo so you wouldn't have to reload as much. The PPSH on semi would be good at medium to close ranges and with the ammo capacity you would almost never run out, however on long shots you are at a disadvantage.

If I had to choose one weapon from WW2, it would be the M1 Carbine, large magazine, accurate, semi auto, reliable, not much kick, and small so you can use in CQC. There now you know how to kick zombie ass and live!

Upvote 0
As fun as the STV, PPSh, MP40 and a tank would be, I dont think they might be the best choice for zombies if you wanted to survive.

I would say a Luger pistol, its lightweight, the ammo is common to find after you run out of what your carrying, it's easy to use and aim indoors, its not large enough that it will stop you from running or manuevering, its simple to operate and reload, its robust and dependable, and when the zombie attack is over you got yourself a firearm thats worth quite a few pretty pennies.

But if I were to choose a weapon for fun only. . . I'd probably go with the PPSh. . . I want a real one. . . it's so cool.

Upvote 0