• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seeking In-Game Actors for Red Orchestra Machinima

[3.SA]Savakov

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2006
The Third Shock Army is about to undertake a machinima project for Red Orchestra. We intend to make a video accompaniment to the song "Roads to Moscow" by Al Stewart, which is about the experiences of a Russian soldier on the Eastern Front. We require assistance in this tribute to Al Stewart's music, to Red Orchestra, and most importantly to the men who were caught up in the horrific conflict depicted thereby.

If anyone thinks it would be fun to contribute to this project, we would love to have your help, namely in the sector of ingame actors for the days on which we will be filming.

If you want to assist, please reply to this thread or add me on X-Fire as "duckmoose."

If you would be interested in participating, feel free to reply here, especially as I am going to need a headcount. Any changes to the plan for the first shoot will be posted in this thread before 6:00 PM Saturday.

All those participating will receive credit in the final production under whatever title they desire.

Thank you, and happy gaming.

EDIT: Filming tonight at 8 PM EST and tomorrow night at 8 PM EST. Both will take place in the 3rd Shock Tactical Realism Server. The password will be "movie".

Last edited:
We are unsure how long the session will last, although you may leave at whatever time is convenient for you. I would estimate somewhere between 1 and 2 hours, but it may vary widely depending on the circumstances.

EDIT: The scrim has been postponed to 6:00 PM EST on the same Saturday. The OP has been editted accordingly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Filming is starting right now! The information for the server is as follows:

66.246.252.207:7757

Password is "movie".

The exact name of the server is "[3.SA] Realism Server [We Are Recruiting] =EFO=".

Filming will probably be in progress for the next two hours or longer. You may leave at any time you need. Drop in if you would like to help us film, we need in-game actors.

Upvote 0
Good job tonight to everyone who participated and thank you very much for helping.

We will be shooting at the same place tomorrow at 4:00 PM EST. Anyone willing to follow orders is welcome. The password will again be "movie".

There will be a number of shoots for this project as it is a fairly large endeavour, so feel free to help us in any one of them. Please, however, be willing to follow orders in the server effectively.

Upvote 0
Well it looks like I can make it barring anything unexpected happening. Hope more forum peeps jump on board, being in a movie isn't hard at all as long you have been playing for a bit and at least know how to do everything, but not perfectly (in this case it seems to be a infantry only vid).
... Like me playing CS:S Zombie Mod and losing track of time :eek:. Sorry about that, I am usually very good at keeping track of time. Guess I will try for Sunday.

Upvote 0
Good job tonight to everyone who participated and thank you very much for helping.

We will be shooting at the same place tomorrow at 4:00 PM EST. Anyone willing to follow orders is welcome. The password will again be "movie".

There will be a number of shoots for this project as it is a fairly large endeavour, so feel free to help us in any one of them. Please, however, be willing to follow orders in the server effectively.

I have started doing this myself m8 ( STARTED being the word ) but you heard my suggestions in game.
All the same it was great fun to be involved tonight in your project and look forward to being involved tomorrow.

I have to say on behalf of =IcM= it was a great FIRST realism match tonight and look forward to many more irrespective of what we decide to do as a clan.
Not to go over the top here but your gaming style has alot of merit, ALL THE HAIRY CHEST...........

Wolfhound/drunk/Bum/Student/father/gamer.

"Let me tell you of the days of high adventure"

Upvote 0
Excellent shoot today guys! It went really well and we made a lot of progress.

The next shoot will be at 5:30 PM EST next Saturday. It will most likely not be on the 3rd Shock Army Server, unlike the past two shoots. I will post the server information in this thread once one has been decided.

X-fire duckmose or sovnarkom for further information.

EDIT: The opening post has been updated with new information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0