• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Gold - is it true?

I say that you stage a coup of the German government, and replace it with one that allows violent video games ;)

That is not funny because it is incorrect. Of course it is allowed to have violent content in games in germany, but Tripwire insisted on 16+ rating, so they made the choice and reduced the gore level.

What really makes me angry is the bashing of the german-government for the decission of a company.:mad:

Upvote 0
That is not funny because it is incorrect. Of course it is allowed to have violent content in games in germany, but Tripwire insisted on 16+ rating, so they made the choice and reduced the gore level.

What really makes me angry is the bashing of the german-government for the decission of a company.:mad:

If you make a game 18+ without it being popular enough like call of duty etc, most major stores won't want it. Remember the hot coffee mod for GTA? Its a pure waste but it made the rating 18+ in the end thats why a fixed version was released otherwise alot of stores wouldn't sell it.

Upvote 0
If you make a game 18+ without it being popular enough like call of duty etc, most major stores won't want it. Remember the hot coffee mod for GTA? Its a pure waste but it made the rating 18+ in the end thats why a fixed version was released otherwise alot of stores wouldn't sell it.

:confused: You can sell 18+ games in stores in germany.:confused:

I don't want to argue in this thread about tripwire's decision concerning the rating, I just wanted to clarify that there ARE things you can't blame the government.

I don't blame may government because it's cold in winter ;)

Upvote 0