• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Melee Attack Suggestions

New Melee Attack Suggestions

• Fists, I'm man enough to duke it out with an armed enemy.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Trench knife, never leave home without it.

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • Shovel or entrenching tool. Ever been hit with a shovel?

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • I'd fling my helmet at them "Saving Private Ryan style".

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • "CoD3-Style Struggle Melee" aka "Wrestle with enemy, Grab their gun, and Pop a cap in their a$$".

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • I'd surrender. (I'd insert a comment about the French here, but I don't feel cruel tonight)

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
You seriously think it would take much effort to incapacitate someone using a weapon as melee??? When was the last time you were punched in the face or head let alone hit with several kilos of wood and/or metal?

We're not talking about how effective these weapons are against eachother, merely that in a combat situation you aren't going to abandon your weapon for another in a melee situation. Soldiers are trained to keep there weapons to hand, lest you get caught out and killed all because you didn't.

We seem to be straying around the same points...

Yes, the entrenching tool would be an effective way at attacking melee, so would a knife. BUT and this has been said several times by several people (including devs in the past) you aren't going to get out 6 inches of trench knife, to combat someone with what is practically a metre long spear or a club made of 4kg of machine pressed steel in their hands.

If you've had your weapon shot out of your hands use whatever the hell you like, but if you have your gun. You use your gun.

like you said i would use what ever i could get but as the game doesn

Upvote 0
You seriously think it would take much effort to incapacitate someone using a weapon as melee??? When was the last time you were punched in the face or head let alone hit with several kilos of wood and/or metal?

We're not talking about how effective these weapons are against eachother, merely that in a combat situation you aren't going to abandon your weapon for another in a melee situation. Soldiers are trained to keep there weapons to hand, lest you get caught out and killed all because you didn't.

We seem to be straying around the same points...

Yes, the entrenching tool would be an effective way at attacking melee, so would a knife. BUT and this has been said several times by several people (including devs in the past) you aren't going to get out 6 inches of trench knife, to combat someone with what is practically a metre long spear or a club made of 4kg of machine pressed steel in their hands.

If you've had your weapon shot out of your hands use whatever the hell you like, but if you have your gun. You use your gun.

QFT. That's why pulling your knife/spade etc. should be a last resort thing. And I'm going to ask my uncle to bring his Mauser over next week and whack me in the head, not hard. See how bad it is. Maybe we'll make a video of it.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
My whole point in starting this thread was to see which alternate melee attacks most people would want WHEN YOUR WEAPON IS SHOT OUT OF YOUR HANDS, since when you loose your weapon in combat, you are basically defenceless. Using most of these attacks when you already have a loaded weapon with a bayonet in your hands would be completely redundant, not to mention stupid. These melee attacks are ment to be, first and foremost, "last resort weapons" as I think SheepDip put it.

Upvote 0