• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aztec Empire Mod

You should add a disease element, since the Aztecs had not been exposed to those fancy European ailments yet.

For example, a Spaniard brings over a cold from all that time aboard a wet ship. Everytime he sneezes, the Aztecs lose 10% reinforcements. Iron sights would of course bring up a virtual nose display for targeting. After too much sneezing you'll use the deploy key to bring up a hanky.

:p

But seriously, this is a very very cool idea. I'd love to see a combat system where thrown / arrow weapons get stuck in the targets, like what you see in Elder Scrolls' Oblivion.

Upvote 0
Update:

Finishing some new pyramids and shrines:

MxBldShrine9C.jpg

http://gregsandor.tripod.com/Mx/MxArch.htm

Upvote 0
Teocalli

Teocalli

Reconstructing Aztec, Mixtec, and Maya architecture.

The Templo Mayor, the main pyramid at the heart of Tenochtitlan, the Aztec (Mexica) capitol. This pyramid stood across the plaza from what is now the Cathedral in Mexico City.

The model is built over the archaeological footprint uncovered at the plaza, from Aztec paintings, and from descriptions sent to Spain by the first european visitors.

Sun azimuth and altitude is set to recreate conditions on the Summer Solstice, 1487.

(Linked)

Upvote 0
That dude on the top owns.

I would not make fun of his hat, no matter how tempting it is.

That dude is a governor of a province, or a general commanding 8,000 troops. He was called:

Tlacatecatl: Keeper of the House of Darts

"He is the maneuverer of troops - a courageous warrior, one whose mission is to go to his death. The good Tlacatecatl or Tlacochcalcatl is able, prudent, a holder of vigil, a maneuverer of forces. He devises strategies, he declares, he assumes the responsibility of war. He distributes, commands, supervises the provisioning. He lays out, he searches out the roads to the foes, he tracks them. He establishes the war huts, the prisons, the market places in enemy lands. He places the sentries, posts the chosen ones, the concentrated ones. He interrogates them, he discovers the places where the enemy will approach."

Upvote 0
Wow, this seems like a great mod. Being a mestizo I am naturally very intrigued by these things which offer a visual of what occurred in the past, especially when your family may be related to the peoples in the subject at hand. I don't know much about these events or how to do any mod work but I'm willing to offer myself as a beta tester. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Upvote 0