• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Raise weapon

Raise weapon

• Good Idea

Votes: 57 70.4%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Meh

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Magical Brownies?

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters

[CiA]Stiletto

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Too often, I die because there is no good way to avoid poking the muzzle of my weapon out where an enemy can see it while turning a corner, or tree, or whatever.

I say we should be able to do this with anything other than a machine gun.

What.jpg

agreed. I have no clue how this can be implemented though... maybe with a 'back to wall' button like in splinter cell?

Wouldn't even need to be implemented in that much detail...just set it up so that you lift the gun up and away regardless, and animate so that if you're strafing while walking forward (this is how you would follow a wall in game), the gun goes to your opposite shoulder (and your avatar reflects this).

Should be doable, anyway.

Is that a blister on Stiletto's face or a leftover from recent snack? :p

Eh? :confused:

Upvote 0
The important thing would be that the gun wouldn't be sticking out in front of you.

Even if it looks a little funny (you're walking diagonally parallel to the wall, not shimmying sideways), it'd be a gazillion miles better than walking that way with the muzzle of your gun poking out a meter in front of you.

That has gotten me killed (and other people, BY me) more than almost any other game issue.

For that matter, the anim could be tied in so that you would actually have to maneuver around to avoid binding your weapon up on walls, doors, etc..

Upvote 0
Havn't they got an automatic thing for not poking weapons around corners in AA btw?

No, they have an automatic lowering/raising of weapon when you face a wall. But it seems the "forgott" to calculate the weapon length. In real life, if you are in a cramped space (building, trench) you would prefere a short weapon. A very realistic feature which I would like to see!

But the thread-starter suggests a voluntary weapon raising. This is nice to have but would require an extra button.

Upvote 0
Huh. If you have automatic raising/lowering of weapons that takes into account the length of the weapon, then my little MN carbine will finally take its place as the manly-man choice of trench-clearing weapon. Until a snub-nosed smg or pistol user sees me.

That would be a very, very good add for RO. Would you run into trouble with trees or other static meshes, like couches? What about other objects--are there collision issues there?

Upvote 0