• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are guns easy to use in real life?

BeserkWraithlor

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2006
Arizona
I always thought kids had troubles using a gun, and they might fall down, or get hurt by the gun's recoil or kickback, I was wrong. I just saw a video on youtube showing a little girl (she looks like shes 8) firing a Thompson with little trouble. it looks like a baby could use a thompson with ease! I also see a normal man firing a PPSH, and there is little to no recoil at all, and he was firing it at full auto. :eek:

Maybe SMGs are as powerful and easy to use in real life like they are in RO.

Video of Man shooting PPSH:http://youtube.com/watch?v=JH2BVFTe9Q8
Video of little girl shooting Thompson:http://youtube.com/watch?v=MUqCzLadsts

I should stop saying SMGs are overpowered in RO, after seeing how easy they are to use.

It depends on your experience, smgs are controllable but by no means extremly accurate if thats what you mean by "easy to shoot in real life", In real life (for me)anything past 50 yards is much more difficult to hit anything with a semi auto SMG (Mp5 civilian varient), and with my k98 I can hit a man sized target at about 200 yards (220 meters..?) with ease, and can hit the head on a man target at 50 yards with extreme ease, but everyone is different!!!! I have been practicing for years with the same rifle, so I know its flaws and its advantages well.

Upvote 0
SMG's do not have that punishing of a recoil, but it is very difficult to keep the weapon steady and accurate. This of course depends on the weapon's caliber and rate of fire, but is mostly true. A rifle though, kicks very hard. After firing a round from a rifle, it will take a couple seconds to re-aim for another accurate shot.

Upvote 0
Yes guns are easy to shoot. SMGs are very easy to shoot! they basicly use pistol ammo and kick even less then a pistol thanks to the greater weight of the gun. PPSH uses a slightly larger round then a pistol but its also bigger then the other guns in the game. It should have less kick per shot then any of the other smgs in the game. It was known for being a very easy weapon to use in the war. Everyone that had one loved them.

If you go to other parts of the world like somolia or even just watch news clips from places like that you will see little kids 7-8 years old walking around with AK47s. They can handle them and not get knocked over or anything. it dosnt take much strength to shoot a gun at all. Basicly just takes practice.
About the most kick your gonna get from a normal gun would be from a 12 or 10 gauge shotgun. My first time shooting a 12 gauge i was 9 and had no trouble shooting buck shot. Basicly just keep the gun all the way away from your shoulder or tight against it. anything in the middle is going to hurt like hell. if its a inch away from your shoulder your gonna get hit by the butt. and that basicly feels like someone punching you really hard.

Upvote 0
SMG's do not have that punishing of a recoil, but it is very difficult to keep the weapon steady and accurate. This of course depends on the weapon's caliber and rate of fire, but is mostly true. A rifle though, kicks very hard. After firing a round from a rifle, it will take a couple seconds to re-aim for another accurate shot.

Maybe they should reduce SMG range and accuracy in RO, but reduce recoil, making easier to use, and more devestating in close range.

Upvote 0
A submachine kicks little just like what everyone else here stated.

A semiauto rifle will kick less especially if it has a muzzlebreak on the rifle. The action of a semi auto takes some of the recoil away + the muzzlebreak disperses the gasses to every which way, which reduces the recoil.

A bolt action rifle (especially something in the high thirty caliber ranges like the 8mm mauser will kick more then the 7.62x54r)

I own a M14 (fires a .308/7.62x51.. both are technically the same round) and it doesnt kick much at all due to the fact that its A. A heavy rifle, B. A big muzzlebreak on it and C. its a semi, which takes away some of the recoil.

My friends lee enfield kicks alot more than mine. Although it fires a bigger round then mine (.303 british)

I fired a lever action .308 with 180grain bullets and that kicked so hard! I wasnt aware of how much kick a 308 can have without some of the attributes my own rifle has.

A shotgun with slugs hurts the most though.

Upvote 0
guns are like the game of "go"

so easy even a child can learn to play it, takes a life time to master.

Honestly a child can use a gun. They do it all the time in africa and south america.

Becoming good with a gun, like putting 5 bullets on a 3" round steel target at 800yrds in a crouched unsupported position, takes alot of time, diligence, ammo, and practice.

it's like a bow and arrow

anyone can use a bow
not everyone can hit with it.

oh and magnum rounds are just money sumps, only usefull in areas where animal rights groups outfit platoons of deer with kevlar and helmets.

if you can't kill it with a .22lr, 12gauge, or 30-06. heck 30-06 can lob a maximum 200gr round at something like 1300fps. Can't kill something with that in one shot you need to practice some more.

Course then again I've been considering going into the army lately just because I really want to legal own a p90 for home defense. =)

Upvote 0
Guns are

Guns are

Most ppl can use smg/rifles and pistols with very little training.
i remember my first month in the army.. Hit targets about 500 meters away easy after about a week. With The Ak-5 Ak-4 Ak-47 and the M16.
even more easy with the Greman Mauser 98 rifle.
And i Really loved shooting the Mg :)
then u had the Carlgustav antitank gun easy as hell to use and to hit targets about 400-500 meters away :)
SO HELL YES GUNS ARE EASY TO USE.. Dont know if its a good thing though..
Best regards Kozuth

Upvote 0
I am very sure that there is recoil for any automatic gun. You have to do it in real life - hold gun not to go up. You have to do the same in RO - move your mouse down to counter recoil. I am only not sure if RO has accurate recoil simulation because sometimes it is pretty hard to control moves to sides. However I still feel it is OK in game because you should still think on gameplay and possible rambo-style... it was pretty easy back in mod days and it was pretty powerful. I prefer how it is now - mabye not perfectly acurate but well balanced in game.

Upvote 0
oh and magnum rounds are just money sumps, only usefull in areas where animal rights groups outfit platoons of deer with kevlar and helmets.
You must not live in Moose, Bear, or Boar Country, a .308 can graze off the pigs skull (at the correct angles) not to mention all 3 of these animals can sneak up on you. Magnums are for close range personal defence against large game while hunting...
or Harry Callahan. :)

oh, and +1 to another M1A/M-14 owner, I have a M1A-A1 with a 18" scout barrel, they are rare in the PRK.
Even with the short barrel, the rifle is more accurate than I am.

Upvote 0