• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Arad-Realism V3

On which Division is the loadout (the tanks) based? I thought that it was Wiking.
23rd Panzer division and 18th tank corps orders of battle at the time of the Battle of Arad.

Maybe you could give the Russians that SU-152, though this requiers also an new model+skin (I thought that someone was making it, look in the 3D selection)
That's in the works. :)

Upvote 0
Good fun to play realism maps when you have a few supporting team members who understand how to use tactics. Unfortunately a map like this on a public server half the time can be really frustrating for the reds.

Still, as I said, when teamed with a few people knowing what to do, then a map like this is greatly rewarding.

Upvote 0
I find nothing realistic about a map that purports that german armour was all panthers and equal in numbers to the russians.
German panzer divisions were never equiped exclusivly with Panthers. One battalion had Panzer IVs and One had Panthers(when they could get the panthers). The 1st panzer certainly had Panzer IVs during the Hungary Battles in Oct 44. Strange that making the map more realistic by cutting the panthers in half would also make it more ballanced.

This is just a geman fan boi map and not realistic at all.

Upvote 0
I find nothing realistic about a map that purports that german armour was all panthers and equal in numbers to the russians.
German panzer divisions were never equiped exclusivly with Panthers. One battalion had Panzer IVs and One had Panthers(when they could get the panthers). The 1st panzer certainly had Panzer IVs during the Hungary Battles in Oct 44. Strange that making the map more realistic by cutting the panthers in half would also make it more ballanced.

I'm going to say this one more time. The 23rd Panzer division only had Panthers and 2 StuGs operational at the time of the battle. They had PzIV's, but non were operational. Obviously you can't count, the Germans have 6 tanks and the Russians have 9. Instead of *****ing about the number of Panthers you should have used speed and numerical superiority to win the map.

I am working on putting an SU152 in the map for you russian fanbois. So quit your whining.

This is just a geman fan boi map and not realistic at all.
How sweet of you to call me a chum4n f4nb0i. Who the **** are you? Kurt naake? If you want I can give the Russians 16 tanks with 500 reinforcements and the Germans 2 tanks with 100 reinforcements and call it Arad-Total-Realism.

Upvote 0
The map is realistic especially when compared to the original version!!
Every time the orignal is played the Soviets steam roll us with in minutes(2-5mins) with Panzerfausts(unhistorical) their Is-2 (was not in the battle or produced), Soviet at-rifle(2 powerful),clown car(its a bloody clown car),bad unrealistic tank loadouts for the Germans and soviets (every german tank is from 1942 save the Panther G)ect.

This map fixes most of these issues and the Soviet still win but it takes tactics not 1 good Soviet player to win this map!!!!
If Im not mistaken the Germans had some TigerII's in this battle not sure if they were operational.
Then perhaps, the Germans can get the Elefant.
As for the Elefant it fought defensivly against the Soviets until Berlin 1945 but I dont know if it fought in this peticular battle.I hope someone makes the Elefant tank soon anyway!!
Russians with PTRD's have to wait for side and rear shots on the Panther.
Actually the Panther G was invulnerable to all At-rifle fire(except the optics and tracks)the PanzerIVF2 was vulnerable all around except the front(the PzIV H was only vulnerable in the rear)
Good work on this map keep up the good work!:)
Hope to c more soon!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont care what you do, just quite calling the map realistic.
Its just to your taste.
You fail.

I will call it realistic because the tank loads are realistic. That is why the map is considered realistic.:p

And no, this map is not to my taste. I don't care much for total realism. Arad-SH is to my taste because it has balanced spawn areas and infantry don't have such a hard time moving around in the villages.

Upvote 0
Hey, Im all for proper ammo load outs(if thats what your saying) no PFs for the russians and no clown cars.
Im even for making the PF kill Il2s much easier then they do in the game.
But the ratio of Panthers to Russian tanks in that map is not "realistic"
Not for any battle that ever happened that got a name. Sure a platoon of Panthers might have stumbled accross a platoon of T34s, but they didnt name the battle and no one expected the T34s to last a minute.

Upvote 0
Well honestly... if it's a realism map my opinion is that it should be hard for the Germans to win and not the other way around... This is what 1944?

Well that would be really "nifty"!

Why bother host/play the map if the outcome is predetermined by design? Boring!

Personally, the "historically accurate" 'thing'..... is getting a bit out of hand.

Upvote 0
This is a so called 'realism' verision of arad so if that is true it should not be the Russians at the disadvantage.

I'm not saying the old verision is fine but this is not 'realistic' either.

Berezina and Konigs Platz are biased to one side but no one seems to complain that the result is 'predetermined' they are realistic and fun maps.

Upvote 0
This is a so called 'realism' verision of arad so if that is true it should not be the Russians at the disadvantage.

Berezina and Konigs Platz are biased to one side but no one seems to complain that the result is 'predetermined' they are realistic and fun maps.
The Germans and Hungarians won the Battle of Debrecen.

Upvote 0

Berezina is well balanced. I won as a Russian and a German many times in Berezina. It plays no favorites.

Konigs Platz is a given... Berlin fell completely to the Russians. Yet, I have played it many times as a German and the Germans won.

Are you sure you have your "facts" straight?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Berezina is well balanced. I won as a Russian and a German many times in Berezina. It plays no favorites.

Konigs Platz is a given... Berlin fell completely to the Russians. Yet, I have played it many times as a German and the Germans won.

Are you sure you have your "facts" straight?

I agree with Mike here that nothing is predetermined. I like the hard fight of Berezina as a Russian and have won lots but it is all about teamwork. Same for Konigs if you get some good teamwork you can win this map as well as a German. some maps may be slanted but not predetermined lot of factors but teamwork is the biggest IMO.

Upvote 0
I just want say I think this is a awesome map and I really enjoy playing it. I wish more servers would run it, and someone would run it 24/7. I commend you for making it!

I like playing almost exclusively as a Russian because I like the challenge of seeing if I can win.

A few suggestions you may or may not agree with:

I love the realistic loadouts, however I tend to agree with what some have said about it being a bit too difficult for the Russians.

I would suggest somehow limiting the amount of Panthers that can be used at once so the Russians have a number advantage, at least until you can add a heavier Russian vehicle that was actually used in the battle.

However, only if the Russians actually had a number advantage in the real battle.

Is there any way you can re-texture the big mound you created by the Russian spawn with a dirt texture instead of the default grass texture of the ground?

I think that would look much better. As it is, it looks a bit unrealistic. Maybe you can create a static mesh of a dirt mound and then texture it? Or maybe take an existing mesh, and increase the size to a big dirt mound?

Open up the flanking possiblities, esp. for Russians.

There's a steep incline you made on the left of Russian village that you cannot get a tank up. That position would be perfect to go hull down in and get flank shots on advancing Panthers. I would make it less steep.

Get rid of ALL the mine volumes except on extreme edges of maps. This is one thing that really annoys me about stock maps. That would make better flanking possible and also get rid of blowing oneself up trying to look for the edge of the MV's :mad:

Again, thanks for the map!

Last edited:
Upvote 0