• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

I remember one time... I think this may be from the mod... or right ofter ostfront came out. It was on Baksan Valley I was a russian rifleman and we were out of rienforcements I was lying on the hill behind the ruins or church (cant remember) and there was a group of like 4 germans running across my field of view. my first shot gets one, the second shot get another in the leg and wounds him... now they are on the ground and looking for me, I take out the wounded man, then one more before I am killed by a ramboing SMG

It was hella intense while I was shooting at the germans, felt really real to see the way they reacted when I was shooting at them

Upvote 0
Got too many moments to mention seriously, waste of mine & your time.
What I can say generally though is that I get my kicks from having 2-3 of my fellow 5thW's with me and get the job done.
This involves capping and holding/moving on or defending to the bitter end.
Nothing beats the satisfaction of doing something well together with a few comrades.

Upvote 0
So many moments, so I'll tell of a recent fun one. I was in the 5ss realism server with penetration mutator (win!) on Koitos and there was a russian upstairs in the apartments, I had a MG42. So i deploy on the first floor and unload into the ceiling, and the russian is typing out how he went and jumped into the bathtub. So i emptied another whole belt of ammo into the ceiling at him, and the tub was the only thing that saved him, and he kept talking about how freaky it was to see all those bullets coming up at him. :D

Upvote 0
This moment made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.

I am in Ogledow, as the tank crewman on the russian side. My Is2 had been blown up but I managed to scram from it before the killing blow. So I crawled a good 5 minutes into the farm, which I came to find was occupied by like a panther, 2 panzers and a few infantrymen. I ran into that barn building and was spotted by one of the infantry men. So I ran into the barn, jumped out the window and in one shot nailed his lil helmet off. Well, anyways, the other infantry had run towards ogledow so he wasnt a problem, but I got bored after waiting for reinforcements that never came. I come out the barn and saw a panther shooting up the russians behind one of the houses, the one with a bench. I decided to annoy the comm and began unloading 2 clips wit the pistol, after that I ducked. He kept rotating the turret and after each one he would unload another clip. Then I ran in front and a thought struck me. As his turret was completely turned around, I hopped the bench, landed right on top of the panther, and started walking around on top of the tank. I unloaded another clip, and had one remaining. After 6 minutes or so of this confusion, the commander pops out of the turret, and I gave him a nice lil pistol whip on his noggin.

Upvote 0
once on arad I was running around in a field heading to an enemy tank and I see a shell richochet off it into the air and I kept running next thing I know Im dead and everyone started laughing at me :(

My most shocking was on snowyforest, I was a German and I was running over the initial hill and an artillery barrage was going on. I saw two guys sitting in a crater firing away and I sprinted to it to find cover from the arty. I was about 10 feet away when BOOOOOM a shell lands right in the fox hole and they both disentigrate. I dive in anyway to find a leg and an arm and their weapons....it scared the **** out of me.:eek:

Upvote 0
once on arad I was running around in a field heading to an enemy tank and I see a shell richochet off it into the air and I kept running next thing I know Im dead and everyone started laughing at me :(

My most shocking was on snowyforest, I was a German and I was running over the initial hill and an artillery barrage was going on. I saw two guys sitting in a crater firing away and I sprinted to it to find cover from the arty. I was about 10 feet away when BOOOOOM a shell lands right in the fox hole and they both disentigrate. I dive in anyway to find a leg and an arm and their weapons....it scared the **** out of me.:eek:
This is why RO is awesome :p

Haha, I also love it when people begin yelling so they can be hurd over the artilerry haha.

Upvote 0
Greatest moment happened today on Arad. A Russian got vaporized by a 85mm shell that bounced off the Panther he was trying to satchel.

hmmmm, im sensing something.

Upvote 0
In Bondarevo I was commanding an StuG III. I killed a lot of Russian tanks because of my perfect spot (also I shot at one tank, the bullet reflected and got into the one standing next to him in an perfect spot so he got killed). After some shooting our StuG was almost destroyed so we jumped out and ran into an small house. My driver was going upstairs and he got shot. Than I had to go upstairs. Behind an table the Russian was, I ducked away and shot some times in his direction hitting him by a miracle.
It was almost like viewing an movie.

Other moments I like are when I command an group and everybody is listening to the squad leader.

Upvote 0

That reminds me exactly of that part in the Bastogne forests on that series "Band of Brothers".

Upvote 0
There are to many awesome moments so far :D
At the Old RedOrchestraMod times, warsaw map killed 6 strelok in a row with stgw44 , they stood excactly behind each other ;) , or the old moscow highway map arty support at the AT hll :rolleyes:.

The strangest thing ever happend to me was the following situation, i shot at a avtomatik and didn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have many memorable moments in RO. The one that sticks out was the time I was playing in the kaukasus. Clipped a soviet at the top of the cliff while crossing the back route...the player tumbled down the cliff, which was quite satisfying. Then the ragdoll hit an outcropping or something and bounced into the air pinwheeling all the way down to impale in the tree branches at the bottom...and hung there like a dead paratrooper. :eek:
It's gotten to the point I won't play anything that doesn't have a physics engine. Scripted animations now just seem substandard to me.

Upvote 0
The other day on RoadtoHill I was a Russian with the SVT 40 and I ran into the farmhouse. The 5.ss server runs the penetration mod and I could hear people running around upstairs. So I just aimed at the noise and then fired a clip into the cieling and I hear him drop and the cap meter changes, then another guy runs and POP POP POP another falls, I do this for a 3rd time and I'm just a happy little fella. Then I thought I heard someone come in through the 2nd story door so I fired there and it happened to be friendly...oops:eek:

Upvote 0
My most beloved moment occurred sometime during free-week, on Berezina. I was a Russian tanker in T34, and I was by the back of the village CP, closer to the AT guns. I had somehow backed myself down into a ditch, and I was right in front of a Panzer III that was bearing right down on me, not 10 meters away. The enemy gunner had a pretty good sight of my vulnerable top armor, and he shoots. Guess what happens? I'll tell ya what, the round he fires bounces off of my tank and penetrates his turret from the top, killing him and his two crewmates. I'm not kidding, he shot my tank, the round ricoched and killed him instead. I know this happened because I read the death messages, and they stated that he had killed himself and his whole crew with the Panzer round.

Is that crazy or what?

My other favorite moment was during the late mod days, on Berlin. I was playing as a German, and I believe I stole a Russian rifle, and I was camping a rubble hill next to the Russian spawn, waiting to shoot whoever ran past me. Well, about 5 Russians come up right below me, one at a time, in perfect order (they weren't even bots) and I managed to hipshoot all of them with the bolt; they didn't even try to get a bit of distance, or lob a grenade, or aim, or even shoot. I just kept telling myself: W...T...F.

Upvote 0