• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Russian new machingun

Nearly every one of the MGs suggested in this thread are about as far away from "practical" as it is possible to get.

The DPM is essentially a slightly-improved version of the DP-27, with no major visual differences other than the pistol grip. The bipod can't break in-game, which makes the addition of the DPM rather.. redundant.

I also refuse to believe that someone seriously considered the implementation of the KPV in Red Orchestra.

Upvote 0
The soviets need the dhsk.

420px-DShK-batey-haosef.jpg

used as early as 1938

Upvote 0
Yeah i think the Maxim would be the logiacal addition if any new Soviet MGs were added.

I know some people like to say "fix the MGs before adding new ones" but what would be a lovely christmas present would be, if in the next big update they had fixed the exsisting MGs and added a new one (from Santa hehe)...

Upvote 0
The other difference, for those of you who didn't notice by reading the link, between the DP and DPM was that the DPM was a bit more resistant to overheating since the recoil spring was moved from the gas piston right under the barrel, to behind the bolt carrier. Killing the temper on the recoil spring would SUUUUCK.

The DPM is the only choice for RO:O, really. Nothing else is readily "man-portable," and doesn't fit in with the squad-level role it would serve. It's the only one of the bunch whose purpose is even comparable to the machineguns already in-game.

Upvote 0
Nah we need the wheeled MG that fired 14.7mm PTRD rounds, imagine what that baby would do to a half track.

Seriously though I think the DP is a fine gun and easily as effective as the German MG's when used correctly. The only other real alternative is the Maxim but it was used almost exclusively on wheels and is just not practical for the game. Although in a future game with higher player numbers having a dedicatd heavy weapons team could be a reality.

Upvote 0