• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 2142 Demo

sharpshooterklj

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 22, 2006
I thought this game wasn't coming out for quite a while, so I'm kinda suprized to see a demo available already. I know pretty much everybody who plays RO hates the idea of BF2142, but hey its a demo so might as well download. I'll edit this once it finishes downloading so you guys can know what its all about.

Edit: Alright, it isn't too bad. I think I can safely say that it is much better than BF2. The graphics are tweaked up just a bit, and it suprizingly runs better. The gameplay is essentially the same as BF2 (Conquest mode anyways), but I still haven't tried the Titan mode. The maps seem to have enough vehicles now though, so theres no "If somebody takes my plane, its C4 TK-time". Also, this might just be my preference but I really like the futuristic setting. I didn't like the modern day setting of BF2 because well, I see enough of that on the news. So in conclusion, I'd suggest that you guys download it.

Last edited:
this game is garbage!!!

It just feels like a cheap ass mod for BF2. This is the future and the weapons are all weak and lame. Both visceral, damage and sound effect wise, there is no omph.
Why don't the tanks have co-axial anyway? They feel so weak. Only the walkers are satisfying, only just...

The circle jerk gameplay of capping and decapping in circles is ugh boring?!

It's also hard to tell friend from foe until you hover cursor around the person and wait ito see a blue or red name tag come up....
I keep getting a connection lost message every so often as well!!!!!!!
Man do the shaders take ages to re-calculate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe RO has spoilt me a bit, I took RO for granted but there is a feeling of punch in RO when you fire a tank gun etc
Now RO in a Sci Fi setting? Hmm :cool:

Upvote 0
all the morons are going to leave bf2 for bf2142 so perhaps bf2 is going to have a real community afterall :p ...
moreover i think most of the mods will be done under bf2142 simply because for modern warfare or everything older will be easier if you begin from a nowadays rather a futuristic theater.

;) the only good point is the titan mod but it become quickly boring ... If you control the 2 turret over the titan you can stop every enemy attempt to enter in you tita or attack him (with 107 points in one party, it's going a good technics for those who wants gain easy point)

The crappy system of fire for certain weapons is annoying ... the at is not able to fire straight on (pfff they aren't able to build good weapons in 2142)

Upvote 0