• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Couple Questions

WetWilly87

Oct 4, 2006
Im new to this game, so please take it easy on me. Anyways I got a few questions that I would like to be answerd if possible. First one is, the MG on the back of the KV-1 and IS-2, not the hull MG but the MG behind the turret, is that usable, or is it just for show? Second questions, I love that you included the M38, and M44 rifles to the game, the question is, do these guns make your player faster because they are lighter than the long version of the Nagant. Thats all, thxs for responding if you do.

Hi and first of all welcome to the community.

1st question: The IS2 and KV-1 I believe only have 2 seats (driver and main gunner) so I think they are just for show. The gunner does get an MG along with his main gun though.

As for your second question, I believe the M38 and M44 are slightly lighter so you run faster and the iron sights come up faster, but are slightly less accurate from my experience.

Upvote 0
Thxs for responding, thats good to know, you think the developers are planning to make that gun usable, or would that be to hard to code in already? Because I was on a map where I came head to head with an IS-2 in my Panzer, and I tried to close the distance before he could get off another shot, but it didnt work, but I survived, and I spend a good portion of the time standing right behind him while he shot my buddies up, mabey if he had that mg on the back usable he could have got me.

Upvote 0
The KV1 has three spots Mger commander and driver the commander controls the turret cannon and mg on it. The is2 only has 2 spots and they dont plan to make the second mg useable because it didnt have a dedicated person at that mg from what i understand. and apparnetly they sometimes even removed the mg to allow for better cooling. Just hearsay on that is2 stuff never bothered to really look into the is2 much.

no guns make your player faster then any others they just vary in accuracy and reload times and all that good stuff. Some guns are faster to bring into sites some have better range and so on. but your player will always run the same speed as everyone else.

Upvote 0
I just find that if we could use that mg it would help with tankers in the KV-1 and IS-2, I came into a couple situations were I could have used that MG in the back. I think it was Konigplatz, I was in the IS-2 helping me team try to capture the middle part of the map, i was being a real pain in the neck to the Axis, and I noticed out of the corner of my eye, two Germans trying to flank me from behind with stachel charges, I started to turn my turrent to get them, but they ran past it, and I tried to get out of there, but it was too late, and they planted charges and I died, and I only wish I could have used that MG to get them. I mean it could be another view for the gunner station in the tank, instead of going up the hatch to get a better view, you could go down and use that MG.

Upvote 0
The differences seem slight, but you notice. When you're in tight quarters, the carbines are much easier to snap shot with as they're already more centred. Similarly, when you're trying to make a long outdoors shot (as many of the are) the carbines can lead to untold frustration as you watch shot after shot go anywhere but the target.

Upvote 0