• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I love the G41!!!

Petrovich said:
Kinda off the hook but,i suggest the barrels of the MG42 and 34 need to be fixed,i guess they overheat way to fast...and i get killed most of the time coz i need to change barrel

i dont know how that fits in here, but well...

you change the barrel after 150 life rounds and 100 training ammo.
the breech block schould be changed each 900 about.

Upvote 0
i dont know how that fits in here, but well...

you change the barrel after 150 life rounds and 100 training ammo.
the breech block schould be changed each 900 about.

rofl i dont really think so mate
the Mg42 is fireing between 1200 and 1500 rounds per minute so you should change the barrel after around 7 seconds of shooting if your data is right
so i dont think so

Upvote 0
A person in a game I was in today suggested Tripwire should add the FG-42. I told him that it was a rare weapon. He replied that the paratroopers used it, to which I said they stopped using the Fallschirmjager after the invasion of Crete. He said 'so?'. This seems like the path RO is headed. What's next, the SKS?

how exactly did they stop using a weapon who's in service deployment dates to mid 42 after a battle for crete that ended in june of 41?

Upvote 0
how exactly did they stop using a weapon who's in service deployment dates to mid 42 after a battle for crete that ended in june of 41?

How exactly did you not understand my post? They stopped using paratroopers after Crete. What was the FG-42 made for? Paratroopers. You're not going to find FG-42's hardly ever anywhere else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm just curious would you happen to know how many countinous rounds an MG42 can fire before it locks up and wont fire (how it does in RO). Because in RO it'll seize at about 160 countinous rounds which I find kind of low.

I can't post any info to back it up, but the MG-42 feels about right to me. If I'm not mistaken, it's not so much that the action locks up, but that the barrel overheats and can start to warp turning the MG into something of a scattergun.

I've seen USAF training films from WWII that showed how even at 25,000 feet in -60 degree F temperatures, traveling at 150mph, the Browning .50's on B-17's and B-24's would overheat if fired for more than a few seconds at a time... and the 50 BMG's rate of fire is significantly lower than that of the MG-42 or MG-34. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
How exactly did you not understand my post? They stopped using paratroopers after Crete. What was the FG-42 made for? Paratroopers. You're not going to find FG-42's hardly ever anywhere else.

this is just playinly wrong mate

the last (real) paratrooper action was at the invasion of Leros i think somewhen around summer 1943

Upvote 0
Love the gun ingame. Unfortunately can't say the same about real life. Isn't this thing supposed to be a horrible weapon. Complex parts make it heavy, the muzzle was heavy and dragged the gun down, reloading is hard, and it jammed a lot. If they added jamming in RO that would be sweet. It would actually portray the G-41 as the rather poor firearm that it is.

Upvote 0
Venkman, FJ stopped doing combat jumps after the Crete invasion. However they were still used as ordinary infantry. They fought for example in the Normandy or Monte Cassino battles, but as part of the ground forces, as an elite infantry unit if you want. And they also fought on the eastern front during the last stages of the war.

And yes they did use the FG42, in very limited numbers of course. There is a very famous photo of a dead German FJ in the streets of Berlin... with an iron cross on his chest and the late model FG42 lying next to him.

That however doesn't mean I want the FG42 in game, it was still VERY rare. But it wouldn't be completely unrealistic to have it.

Upvote 0
is it just me or is this gun too wavy it seems to move faster and is harder to hold steady,

lay down with a kar-98 and stady yor rifle on something. it almost comes to a complete standstill. if you use the g41 there is no resting it basically is just as wavy as if you didnt rest it on something. i think the aiming and handling of this weapon is weird it sould be like the g43 but its just weird and I cant seem to like it though at first i did.

Someone try to verify this when you rest the gun never rests completley like other rifles in the game.

Upvote 0
is it just me or is this gun too wavy it seems to move faster and is harder to hold steady,

lay down with a kar-98 and stady yor rifle on something. it almost comes to a complete standstill. if you use the g41 there is no resting it basically is just as wavy as if you didnt rest it on something. i think the aiming and handling of this weapon is weird it sould be like the g43 but its just weird and I cant seem to like it though at first i did.

Someone try to verify this when you rest the gun never rests completley like other rifles in the game.

I got the same impression although I don't use it that often.... And it would only make sense too as the gun is pretty heavy and front-heavy.

Upvote 0