• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Punching...

BeserkWraithlor

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2006
Arizona
*Weapon Shot out of hand!*

God I hate that. Getting shot in the arm makes you drop your weapon, giving your enemy free shots at you, but the worst part is that you are useless too! I don't mind people dropping guns when they get shot, but they can't even melee! I think you should be able to Punch people when unarmed. It adds realism too.

I find it very embarrasing when I get shot, and I run around in circles collecting all my items, and I get smacked by a rifle. If I could punch him, then I would have a chance.

Since punching is very weak, and won't actually kill someone, maybe it will stun the enemy or make there gun unsteady?

Last edited:
I'd rather get a combat knife when you lose your gun, but it all depends if you attached your bayonet or not, if you did, and you lose your gun, then no knife for you, and vice versa.

Thats a good idea I've seen thrown around a couple times, I really think that it would be worth it to add. I can see that maybe the Mosin Nagant Rifle's bayonet might not be good for this because it doesn't have a handle like some of the other bayonets, but it would be cool for all the rifles that it would apply too.

As for being able to punch, I think that being able to punch to defend yourself should be somthing that you cant select, but that it automatically is selected when you drop your weapon or its shot out of your hands. Having your fists as a selectible weapon could gum up the weapon selection process unnecesserally, and why would you even want to punch when you could smack them with your rifle or pistol.

Basically I think punching should be added but you cant select to use it manually like your other weapons.

Upvote 0