• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix For Server Lag Issues

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
To the community:

The team here at TW have spent the last few days tracking down, reproducing, and now fixing the recurring lag/packetloss issues since the last patch. I am happy to report that we have a beta fix for this issue up on Steam now. Any server admins should head on over to this thread on the dedicated server forums to get the patch on thier server ASAP:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/foru...ad.php?t=13439

This was a very difficult bug to track down as it sometimes took 30 minutes to an hour to even get the problem to occur, and in much of our testing right after the release we were unable to get the problem to occur. Another issue that we ran into was that it was much easier to reproduce with 32 players.

As we currently can only muster about 20 beta testers to test out patches before release, I would once again like to ask the members of the community to volunteer for beta testing RO. Having 32 players in our beta tests will help us ensure that something like this does not make it to the public again. Please read the first post in this thread for more info on joining the ranks of the beta testers :

http://www.redorchestragame.com/foru...ead.php?t=9218

Beta testing can be a lot of work, but it can also be a lot of fun. Want to find out what Ubermap1 or LeetMap1 are months before thier release? Join the beta testing team and see this, and many other cool stuff way before anyone else.

Finally, I would just like to thank the community for thier patience while we sorted this issue out. Tripwire is certainly not perfect, but when we do screw up, we will always try and fix it as quickly as possible. I would also like to thank all of the community members that helped us fill up our server for tracking down the issue and testing the patch the last couple of days.

i hope this fix works...i havent played in weeks because of this crazy lag. the patch before this last one really cut down fps and then to add the last patch on top made the game unplayable. the devs need to work on both these issues, if they want to keep people playing ROOST. will this beta fix help fps issues as well as the lag spikes?

Upvote 0
i hope this fix works...i havent played in weeks because of this crazy lag. the patch before this last one really cut down fps and then to add the last patch on top made the game unplayable. the devs need to work on both these issues, if they want to keep people playing ROOST. will this beta fix help fps issues as well as the lag spikes?

This is the first report we've heard of anyone having FPS issues since the previous patch. If your having FPS issues it is most likely a driver issue or issue with your machines configuration.

Upvote 0
This is the first report we've heard of anyone having FPS issues since the previous patch. If your having FPS issues it is most likely a driver issue or issue with your machines configuration.

check this out: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11199&highlight=driver+issues

the fps issues of which i speak are roost patch related as they happen on a broad range of machines and set ups. as well alot of those who report these issues dont have troubles with fps on other steam games. they are running up to date drivers on decent equipment. just some food for thought.

Upvote 0
still experiencing lag issues.

this was on 2manny's. it was pretty bad.

Not every server will have updated already. It is only a beta, which means that it will only be downloaded if a server admin runs a special command line. Once we get confirmation from the other server admins that it fixes the problem, we'll roll it out to everyone.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm extremely impressed with TW at how they are handling this. I don't freak out when there are new issues with RO, because I know the devs will have the stomach to admit a mistake and feel the need to fix it as soon as possible for their community. There are hardly any major game studios that would provide half the customer support that TW has for RO! Of course, being a member for at least 4 years now, this comes as no surprise but still makes me proud never the less to be a supporter of Red Orchestra!

Upvote 0
Im one of the senior admins over at 2Manny's RO:OST and 2Manny's Annex, i noticed that one guy said that we were still having lag problems, real easy way to explain that, we havnt run the patch yet. Sorry to tell you this guys, but until its officially out of being a beta patch the 2Manny's community won't be using it. But to make a good comment about the issue, I did play on another server that had run the patch, and it seemed to be working just fine.

Upvote 0