• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Fix for lag issue up on Steam now (Beta)

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
To all server admins:

We've spent the last few days working on tracking down, reproducing, and fixing the server lag issue. I'm very happy to say that we beleive that we have found and fixed the issue. The fix is now up on Steam as a beta for server admins to download from HLDS. This fix is for both Windows and Linux servers. To get the fix you will need to launch the HLDS update with this added to your commandline:
-beta roserver

This will download a very small patch that should fix the issues (as always, please stop your server when running HLDS or the patch will not be properly applied). We tested the fix for several hours on our server this evening with no sign of the lag bug so we're hoping this kills it. We only had a few hours to test the fix which is the reason for it being a beta at this point. We felt the severity of this issue warranted getting a patch in the server admins hands as quickly as possible. Please post here to let me know how it works for you all. Thank you for your patience while we sorted this issue out.

young admins should not get into running serves if they got no idea how to operate the steam /hldsupdatetool
anyway

Linux:
Code:
./steam -command update -game "redorchestra" -verify_all -retry -dir ./ -beta roserver

Windows
Code:
hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game "redorchestra" -verify_all -retry -dir ./ -beta roserver
o course chage the dir parametr to sout your server directory

Upvote 0
This patch seems to have changed how the Player Unique ID is displayed. Before you got a 17 digit number with the last 8 being unique, now you only get 8 digits which are completely different from the 8 from before the patch!

this means that your webadmin was probably really really outdated :p the first patch changed the numbers for some ladder thats is pretty much dead now for ro :p

Upvote 0
The patch didn't change the way the player ids are represented ( I just confirmed this on our servers). They have always been a longer number on windows, and a shorter number on linux. This is a bug with the Linux server that we have the linux guy working on. Essentially, both numbers are valid unique ids, they are just two ways of representing the SteamID. The windows server uses the new way, the linux server uses the old way. For now, if your playing clan matches on both types of servers, you'll need to make sure you know both variants of the ID. To get the ID, any client can just type "ListPlayers" in console to list all the players on the server and thier IDs. From what I understand, the old way of representing the SteamID is going away due to them running out ot SteamIDs that could be represented by the 8 numbers.

Upvote 0