• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need Mapper for WW2 Mod

OK, Seeing as that failed. ;)
We are making a Realistic Normandy Modification with maps based on research, photographs, historical and modern maps and also what I learned from my numerous trips to the area.
(Don't believe anything you see in the second scene of a particular war film)
This won't be some silly compromise toybox fun-maps this is going to be as realistic as we can possibly make it and in many cases that makes it alot better more interesting and more fun, As there will be alot larger variety of equipment and vehicles.
We haven't officially revealed it yet but when I have what I want to show then I'll drop a link to the site.

Upvote 0
No, somebody tried this before until he found out he didn't like RO. :/

And our ignorant webhost was the reason why it was cancelled. >_>

Well that's not cool . :/

Gluck though.. i for one just welcome new theatres/weapons/tanks to play with in RO.. regardless of 'not another american game' type statements ;]

Upvote 0
Good luck! It sounds intriguing.

If I might make one suggestion: Consider the scope of what you're trying to do, particularly with maps. Doing the whole of Omaha beach with 16 soldiers on a team would look a little ... odd. =)

Likewise, remember there was a fairly significant airborne drop behind the beach itself. Also, Germany had backed away from the beach, with plans to reinforce the actual invasion, which in turn made Allied transportation interdiction a priority.

Upvote 0
I'm for it, if it has equal focus on British, Canadian, and Polish forces as it does with American forces.

I'd like to mention the majority of the german forces/armor were engage near Caen. That is why the Americans broke out first.

Factoids:

- It was the Canadians who took Caen and Carpiquet airport.
- Juno Beach was the 2nd hardest beach, and Omaha was the hardest.
- The Canadians pushed the farthest inland on d-day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0