• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The latest patch .......how has it affected things...

The delayed/repeated tank shots are probably lag related. And yes, there's more lag. Like I said, I think it might have something to do with the ballistics since it only seems to kick in when there's a LOT of firing going on (IE: multiple PPSh's and MG42s firing plus artillery and such) or where there's a lot of objects to track at once.

Upvote 0
Amen. Roll back to the previous version. This is too buggy to be considered 'fun' in any respect.

I concur, and take out the G41, it's just another run and gun weapon.

Brooksay unless you didn't read what you posted it definately does have something to do with it. You said "If it isn't on the list of fixes it wasn't changed." He said that you were terribly mistaken =P.

Upvote 0
Also, FPS drops for a lot of people. Not sure if this is the lag/server issue though. I did notice though my FPS dropped considerebly after the patch. On all maps, my FPS would never drop belowe 25, or even 30. Even on Berezina, now even on small maps like Koitos, my FPS at time drops to 22-25. Its ridicilous, and like I said, this has never ever happened before.

Anyone else expreincing this. To the people I talked online, some said same thing happened to them.

Upvote 0
Amen. Roll back to the previous version. This is too buggy to be considered 'fun' in any respect.

Sad to say, or gleefully... whichever. We are NOT experiencing 1/10th of what's being described here. Besides, any anomolies (Lag & Lag Spikes) that are more apparent now were in existence before the patch was released. People were complaining about these things prior to the patch release. A roll-back will definitely not cure a thing related to the current spate of complaints.

Upvote 0
Sad to say, or gleefully... whichever. We are NOT experiencing 1/10th of what's being described here. Besides, any anomolies (Lag & Lag Spikes) that are more apparent now were in existence before the patch was released. People were complaining about these things prior to the patch release. A roll-back will definitely not cure a thing related to the current spate of complaints.

LOL, you beat me to it. Was just going to write that the Devs must get a kick out of threads like this, where the one issue caused by the patch, the lag, is suddenly blown up into like a dozen different things and everyone saying, "yeah, that happened to me too, and you know what else?" And then something else is invented.
I've experienced none of the things you guys have mentioned other than the lag. My tank rounds sometimes fire blanks, thats likely lag but it did happen before sometimes. The PPSH recoil has always been the same, noticed no difference there.
Rolling it back seems a bit of an over-reaction, and the game is certainly not "unplayable", it's fine other than the annoying lag spikes periodically. Give them time to find it and fix it, a little patience. Half the odd litlte quirky bugs that people have noticed are likely due to the lag causing latency and will disappear as well once it's fixed.

Upvote 0

Safe to guess that the IP in your sig is the server IP? What is the server name, if it shows on the master-list to the in game browser? (I failed sig-reading 101 :))

Upvote 0
People who say "lag is not a problem with the new patch" must play on very different servers???

If you have a giant lag spike every 10 seconds, the game is unplayable. It didn't do that before the patch. I had a ping of 60ms on SPLAT, a server that always worked well before. Everyone else on the server was experiencing the same. Massive amount of lag. Haven't touched the game since then, no point to it.

The fact that Tripwire doesn't seem to be aware how seriously negative this affects gameplay is concering. I would have thought this would be a most urgent fix and they would announce working on the fix very soon after the first problem reports. Instead there hasn't been any visible response to this thread. What gives?

Upvote 0
People who say "lag is not a problem with the new patch" must play on very different servers???

Not on "different" Servers.... Ro Servers similar but not the same as the servers you frequent.

If you have a giant lag spike every 10 seconds, the game is unplayable. It didn't do that before the patch. I had a ping of 60ms on SPLAT, a server that always worked well before. Everyone else on the server was experiencing the same. Massive amount of lag. Haven't touched the game since then, no point to it.
No such occurrences with our server. None. Absolutely none.

The fact that Tripwire doesn't seem to be aware how seriously negative this affects gameplay is concering. I would have thought this would be a most urgent fix and they would announce working on the fix very soon after the first problem reports. Instead there hasn't been any visible response to this thread. What gives?
Ah.... Tripwire has indeed announced that they are looking into the complaints of lag spikes etc.. They have also stated that it is not occurring unilaterally. Once the cause(s) are found and narrowed down, rest assured a fix will be made available for use where needed.

Upvote 0
I've experienced lag spikes on numerous different servers (RTR, FK, DEV servers, 2Manny's). I've been playin RO since the mod days and I had never experienced lag like this prior to the latest patch.

Seems like the lag comes at or near the start of rounds 2 and 3 of maps, or maybe its just me.

Great observations.... now to determine if those servers you mention are Linux or Windows.:cool:

Upvote 0

I have to agree, it really does brake the game and gets unplayable. And no, I didn't have the problem before this, so it's not "old" complain about it, this is totally new.

And it's really selfish to say that I haven't seen the problem so it must be you. It is happening, it might not happen every time, it still does exist. The lag isn't small lag, it's so big warping that it can't be anything else than the patch. We can't play this game because of it, so it's not a small thing we can "**** up", and it can't be on our side because everything worked before the patch. That's why rolling the patch back or giving quick hot fix would be very pleasing, as we can't play the game.

I woudn't mind complaining about small things or semi-big things, like some small thing doesn't work correctly, I don't care if everything isn't working perfectly. But this thing isn't just a small problem and it's been a week already.

Upvote 0
Just so you guys know the 4 aussie servers are really bad, since the patch, you can have a game on one map and it can be acceptable.

Next thing another map you could be stuttering something shocking. It doesn't matter if it is a full server or a small server. But really I think roll it back or fix or find the issue. It really becomeing very unplayable.

Upvote 0
As someone else mentioned - it seems to happen when there are high pingers connecting/connected- could be a coincidence but could be worth some testing if TW are still unsure whats causing it - maybe its because they are downloading the map from the server and its taking bandwidth away? Or do they get redirected somewhere else for downloads?

Upvote 0
Strange, the Aussie Servers I've played have all been fine as have servers where I have had a ping of just under 300 (OS Servers).

There are sometime fantom shots but that has been happening prior to this patch and a quick click after noticing one rectifies the problem.

Frame rates have stayed the same. I did notice that my system was suffering stability issues but with the deletion of my steamclient.blob file (whilst steam was not running) and subsequent re-load of it via a Steam update, my system is back to rock solid stability.

Those with studdering issues and the like might want to try deleting their steamclient.blob files and then see how things are when they play. I believe Steam has soime issues that need to work out but the content delivery concept of Steam is great. Just not well realised yet.

Upvote 0