• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Diving to Prone and IS

uhm WTF, I hope that is some sort of joke. I remember the Devs defending stuff because even though it was used at modern times it wasn't used during ww2. No wonder I havn't played this game in weeks, the realism I thought the game was suppose to have is being neglected by the devs. They keep showing a tendancy towards the the more gamey/fun style rather than their original vision of realism. You see this all the time with sequals, the sequal always strays away from the original meaning.

Rofl. I hope you're joking. Don't put words in my mouth or draw premature concluses no matter how rightious you want to be in judging us based on your much loved doomscenario.

I stated that the sound guy was actually trained to fire while diving (which is just a story he told me long ago), the rest was a open question. I did NOT state this was an intentionally designed feature like it is now nor did I say it should stay like this.

Personally, I think it is wrong to be able to go to IS while diving, since it will probably **** up your face when you hit the ground.

Upvote 0
It s absolutely obvious that this is an exploit and can t be done in RL as it is done in the game.

In my opinion it should be other way round:

When beeing in a prone position and standing up it should be possible to go into IS a lot faster as it is now !! There is an exeggarated break till it is possbible to go into IS after standing up from beeing proned.

On the other hand it should take a while till you can use your IS after diveing to prone as you need to touch the ground first and then get your rifle ready to fire in IS.

It s pretty important to fix this as ROOST will be like BF2(see an enemy,get IS up while going prone,shoot)when more and more people will realise this.

Upvote 0
What about simply adding an impact animation when you hit the ground and sway while you're diving (like jumping)? Something like the screen shake you get when an explosion happens nearby (although maybe not as intense). This would allow people to dive while bringing up iron sights, but still require them to aim when they're in mid-air and when they land.

Upvote 0
In terms of aesthetics, I agree that diving with the gun up to your face would prob not be the best idea in a real life situation.

In a gaming situation, the definition of exploit as understood by me is utilizing a broken part of the game which without fail increases your success, and in some way is impossible to counter.

This diving and immediately IS'ing doesnt offer any increase in success in any way. It is a move which is easily countered and doesnt offer any magical pluses to your aiming. The players who use this dont suddenly become invincible with the ability to shoot around corners or through rocks. When I see this move attempted in game (which is rare mind you) I find it rather lame because it offers no help and/or safety... and these guys are just as easily dispatched as any other.

If you want it removed because it looks bad.. I understand.. but please dont call it an exploit.

Upvote 0
In terms of aesthetics, I agree that diving with the gun up to your face would prob not be the best idea in a real life situation.

In a gaming situation, the definition of exploit as understood by me is utilizing a broken part of the game which without fail increases your success, and in some way is impossible to counter.

This diving and immediately IS'ing doesnt offer any increase in success in any way. It is a move which is easily countered and doesnt offer any magical pluses to your aiming. The players who use this dont suddenly become invincible with the ability to shoot around corners or through rocks. When I see this move attempted in game (which is rare mind you) I find it rather lame because it offers no help and/or safety... and these guys are just as easily dispatched as any other.

If you want it removed because it looks bad.. I understand.. but please dont call it an exploit.

I don't agree (obviously :D). There's many times i've used this when there was no option but to do it or die so it is more useful than you say but I think everythings been said now..no point going over it, except for bumping to keep the devs aware of it every month or so

Upvote 0
I don't agree (obviously :D). There's many times i've used this when there was no option but to do it or die so it is more useful than you say but I think everythings been said now..no point going over it, except for bumping to keep the devs aware of it every month or so

I have to agree here. There has been several time when I had the drop on someone and they used this to get me!

The simplest solution is they get knocked out of IS and have to put them back up once they are done body slamming there ammo into their crotch.

Upvote 0

It is an exploit. You are abusing the game mechanics to essentially be able to do two things at once (fall to ground/reduce profile/gain stability and raise IS/gain accuracy at the same time). Opponents who do not do this can only do one or the other in the same amount of time.

Upvote 0
I usually see smgers do this. Once in a while someone with a rifle will try, but I'm pretty shifty and can usually dodge most bullets, but when the guy has an smg he has better control while on the ground and he can let the recoil climb the bullets up through the target's body, he can also rotate just as fast as you can try to flank him. He also produces a smaller target to hit, and if you want to use your bayo on him, you are going to have to dodge your way through 32+ smg bullets, then get close enough to him and hope your bayo hits. It is PURE DENIAL if you think diving to IS gives you NO advantage.

Upvote 0
i've never used it, infact i only just read about it.

but i think its something that apart of the game, i can recall getting killed
by this move. but i can also recall it missing alot of the time.. if the enemy
infront of me see's me 1st and is going prone i know hes already fixed on me
and deploy chaff counter measures..LOL no but seriously i know i've gotta dodge that 1st bullet.

it would be ashame to take this feature out.. i've played many games in and out
of clans and clans need things like this that require skill for several reasons.

it requires skill thus training,scrims etc.
not everyone can do it.
theres always some1 better than you.

like i say ive never used it or tryed it.
but i donno if you know heres one for ya... if you sprint and prone it takes
you higher than jumping.. thus access to previously unreachable areas.
i managed to get on a roof in the new RO last battles... not alot of good
it did tho .. map ended.

Upvote 0
i've never used it, infact i only just read about it.

but i think its something that apart of the game, i can recall getting killed
by this move. but i can also recall it missing alot of the time.. if the enemy
infront of me see's me 1st and is going prone i know hes already fixed on me
and deploy chaff counter measures..LOL no but seriously i know i've gotta dodge that 1st bullet.

it would be ashame to take this feature out.. i've played many games in and out
of clans and clans need things like this that require skill for several reasons.

it requires skill thus training,scrims etc.
not everyone can do it.
theres always some1 better than you.

like i say ive never used it or tryed it.
but i donno if you know heres one for ya... if you sprint and prone it takes
you higher than jumping.. thus access to previously unreachable areas.
i managed to get on a roof in the new RO last battles... not alot of good
it did tho .. map ended.

RO is not supposed to become another game where you learn how to "play the game" to win. "Training" to use exploits to gain the upper hand only brings RO closer to what it tries to set itself apart from. (CS, CoD2, etc.)

It's not a feature. It's an exploit, an accident that the Devs have been notified about. It doesn't take any "skill" or "training" to use, and it is unrealistic and ultimately annoying.

If a clan "needs" an exploit to win... That clan svcks. Period.

Upvote 0
yeah dudes simplified gameplay is kicking radical

in fact let's just get rid of diving altogether! it has been nothing but trouble and really who needs to dive? exploiters that's who.

we should also scrap tank penetration and instead give every tank a set amount of hitpoints in relation to how tough that tank is in movies.

after all, everybody knows that you shouldn't have to learn to play RO to be good at it.

On a more serious note, if you get killed often by the dive-to-prone maneuver, you must be absolutely terrible at this game. It's surprising the first time it happens. That's it. After that, it's just another attempt to survive by people who have made a bad tactical error.

If they are forced to dive to prone, you saw them first. Are you not good enough to get the first shot off? Are you not good enough to evade them if you're in close quarters? If you're at the end of a hallway, leaning around the corner, and someone dives to prone in the middle of it, you honestly can't shoot them before they shoot you?

A battle is never decided upon who can dive to prone the best. It is decided by who can shoot first in an accurate manner (i.e., the first shot that both hits and kills). If you are killed by someone as they dove to prone, they shot you first in an accurate manner. That's all. Get better at this game, get better reflexes, get better at hipshooting (unless that's an exploit too), and it will stop happening to you. You people are making a mountain out of a mole hill, here. Is it realistic? No, not necessarily. Is it something people have to use because of the fact that your weapon is either at your hip or you're staring down the sights? Yes. I know for a fact that if I could hold my weapon in a readied position and retain most of my movement speed while allowing a quick and easy transition to iron sights, I would almost never dive to prone.

Instead, people talk about it like it's worse than the Goddamn tanks.

If you have been playing since release and still die instantly whenever you encounter someone on the ground, then you are bad at this game. Fact. That does NOT make diving (which is, indeed, a feature of the game) an exploit. Sorry.

If you want to see a game where exploiting the game mechanics has become commonplace and expected, go check out Team Fortress Classic.

If you think the diving to prone currently found in game is on par with what used to occur in BF2, then you never played BF2. (lucky you)

Dying is the only thing in this game that doesn't take skill or training.

By the looks of things, most of the people in this thread should be used to that by now.

Upvote 0
yeah dudes simplified gameplay is kicking radical

in fact let's just get rid of diving altogether! it has been nothing but trouble and really who needs to dive? exploiters that's who.

we should also scrap tank penetration and instead give every tank a set amount of hitpoints in relation to how tough that tank is in movies.

after all, everybody knows that you shouldn't have to learn to play RO to be good at it.

On a more serious note, if you get killed often by the dive-to-prone maneuver, you must be absolutely terrible at this game. It's surprising the first time it happens. That's it. After that, it's just another attempt to survive by people who have made a bad tactical error.

If they are forced to dive to prone, you saw them first. Are you not good enough to get the first shot off? Are you not good enough to evade them if you're in close quarters? If you're at the end of a hallway, leaning around the corner, and someone dives to prone in the middle of it, you honestly can't shoot them before they shoot you?

A battle is never decided upon who can dive to prone the best. It is decided by who can shoot first in an accurate manner (i.e., the first shot that both hits and kills). If you are killed by someone as they dove to prone, they shot you first in an accurate manner. That's all. Get better at this game, get better reflexes, get better at hipshooting (unless that's an exploit too), and it will stop happening to you. You people are making a mountain out of a mole hill, here. Is it realistic? No, not necessarily. Is it something people have to use because of the fact that your weapon is either at your hip or you're staring down the sights? Yes. I know for a fact that if I could hold my weapon in a readied position and retain most of my movement speed while allowing a quick and easy transition to iron sights, I would almost never dive to prone.

Instead, people talk about it like it's worse than the Goddamn tanks.

If you have been playing since release and still die instantly whenever you encounter someone on the ground, then you are bad at this game. Fact. That does NOT make diving (which is, indeed, a feature of the game) an exploit. Sorry.

If you want to see a game where exploiting the game mechanics has become commonplace and expected, go check out Team Fortress Classic.

If you think the diving to prone currently found in game is on par with what used to occur in BF2, then you never played BF2. (lucky you)

Dying is the only thing in this game that doesn't take skill or training.

By the looks of things, most of the people in this thread should be used to that by now.

You're confused about the whole nature of this thread.
Lemme make it clear.

This thread is not about diving. This thread is about bringing up your Iron Sights mid-dive and keeping pin-point accuracy upon landing.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT DIVING. Diving is a big part of making this game more realistic. This thread is about being able to bring up your Iron Sights faster then someone who stops moving and hits the key. Currently it is faster to dive and hit the IS key at the same time then it is to stand and bring up IS. That's the issue.

It is an exploit that should soon be eradicated.

Once again.

EXPLOIT.

Upvote 0