• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I love the G41!!!

You can't model jamming for only one weapon. Besides, it would be a total "can of worms" situation. How often does it jam? WHY does it jam? There isn't dirt OR cold modelled in the game, so unless you can show that these things jammed right out of the factory in pristine conditions, there's no point.

Upvote 0
Jams

Jams

have fun with PPSh and PPD drum magazines if Tripwire models weapon jams in game!

Yeah they did jam, but if Tripwire were to go to the work of implementing jamming, I would imagine they would also change the drum from 71 rounds to 65 because (from what I've read) that's what Russians did to prevent jamming. Also in 1943 and later maps the PPSh gunners (no PPDs that late in the war) should just get 1 drum magazine (that would be their first mag aleady inserted) and then 4 or 5 extra PPS43 box magazines. So jamming would not cause that much of a problem if they implemented all that correctly because the PPS43 magazines got rid of all the problems that plagued the drum magazines.

Upvote 0
no i dont think it would be added. I have played AA a bit and i dont then i ever had a jam... So i would rather them spend their time on something else.
anyway back on topic...
the g41 is a nice addition that i dont think changes the gameplay at all.

AA's system was garbage and shouldn't be used as reference!!

In that gawd-awful game, jamming would happen at any moment, even after discharging a couple of rounds or short initial burst... then that crappy animation would play to fix it :rolleyes: What BS!!

RO's would have to box clever and use acute calculations.

Are the devs capable of implementing it properly?

Probably!

Upvote 0
the fact that players love to use the g41 in-game, means there is a problem.
the g41 was heavy near the front of the gun, wich made the gun hard to aim and was exhaustive fot the gunner. it was also diffucult to reload and time-consuming. this all made it an unpopular gun amongst the german soldiers, whom would literally kill to capture an svt ;) .

so i think the rifle needs some tweeking, so its harder to aim, and longer to reload.

Upvote 0
Making the G41 more accurate and with less recoil than the G43 is ridiculous.

It was a fore-runner to the G43 and the latter was 'Improved'. This should be reflected in the game. Not the opposite.

It is like creating a car driving game and making the Ferrari 308GTS better handling and faster than the Ferrari F430... It just isn't accurate or beneficial to gameplay.

PLEASE Tripwire, fix this discrepancy.

In addition, the look of the G41 is far too 'clean'. The model needs further enhancements to make it look 'used', as it presently looks like a toy water-pistol you buy for a child, it is very 'artificial' looking.

Upvote 0
Making the G41 more accurate and with less recoil than the G43 is ridiculous.

It was a fore-runner to the G43 and the latter was 'Improved'. This should be reflected in the game. Not the opposite.

Speak not of what ye know not. The G43 wasn't so much an improvement in accuracy or recoil, but an improvement in reliability (not modeled in the game) and ease of manufacturing (also not modeled).

Having fired two of these rifles right next each other at the range two weeks ago, I can say with complete confidence that the G41 really does have less recoil than the G43. Accuracy-wise, the two seem really pretty similar, though when I took the 41 out, I wasn't explicitly testing for accuracy.

Again, this isn't an anecdotal story I heard from some vet. Its not the trumped-up chatter of a range know-it-all. I have studied these guns for years and fired them many times. From a purely mechanical (not reliability) standpoint, the G41 was a much more finely-tuned machine.

If you look in the history forum, you'll see I've posted videos of myself and a friend shooting the G41.

Upvote 0
AA's system was garbage and shouldn't be used as reference!!

In that gawd-awful game, jamming would happen at any moment, even after discharging a couple of rounds or short initial burst... then that crappy animation would play to fix it :rolleyes: What BS!!

RO's would have to box clever and use acute calculations.

Are the devs capable of implementing it properly?

Probably!

Actually, jamming rarely happens in AA. At least in my 53 hours of America's Army: Special Forces, I experienced it only four times or so. I think that that is very acceptable.

Therefore, the "OMG IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME" and "ARGH I LOST ALL CONTROL OVER MY CHARACTER" arguments are void.

So, yes for jamming!

We're jammin', jammin' and I hope you like jammin' too

Upvote 0
Comparing the G41 and the MG34 in Red Orchestra is a flawed argument, and here's why.

The MG34 does not have nearly the amount of impact in the game as the G41 one does. This is the fault of improper gameplay mechanics, or the lack thereof. A machinegunner is nowhere near as effective as a man with a G41 because A) The Machinegunner was be deployed, and we know how awful of a mess that is at the moment, B) The G41 is much more accurate than a deployed MG, and finally C) The player with a G41 can stand/crouch/peek around corners and do everything to avoid enemy fire. A machinegunner can't and is a sitting duck. Anything a machinegunner can do, a semiautomatic rifleman can do better.

Now I am not saying either weapon does not have its faults; surely they both do and that is why they were replaced with a new and improved version. This game needs weapon jams or something of that nature to fix these innacuracies. What it all boils down to is this - If Red Orchestra had the Chauchaut, it would perform perfectly, and that is both an injustice to history and to selling Red Orchestra as a realistic game. The same thing can be said now for the G41 and MG34, or any weapon for that matter (and I won't even bring up tanks). Everything performs perfectly fine, everything single time something is fired. I am not asking for super-ultra-realism, but I think jams should be an occurence based on the weapon being used based on actual field performance.

A person in a game I was in today suggested Tripwire should add the FG-42. I told him that it was a rare weapon. He replied that the paratroopers used it, to which I said they stopped using the Fallschirmjager after the invasion of Crete. He said 'so?'. This seems like the path RO is headed. What's next, the SKS?

To hell with realism. I want the Fg42, and MGs that will actually deploy like they're supposed to instead of sneaking up to hit the crack pipe everytime I try to set up on a ledge.

To whom was talking about infrequent jams in America's Army, I must disagree. Granted, I only probably played 10 hours before I uninstalled that godawful game, but jams were not nearly so infrequent. Firing your weapon on rock-n-roll seriously increased the chances, and I was getting them maybe once every 2 hours or less.

Upvote 0
Actually, jamming rarely happens in AA. At least in my 53 hours of America's Army: Special Forces, I experienced it only four times or so. I think that that is very acceptable.

Therefore, the "OMG IT WOULD RUIN THE GAME" and "ARGH I LOST ALL CONTROL OVER MY CHARACTER" arguments are void.

So, yes for jamming!

We're jammin', jammin' and I hope you like jammin' too

Umm not sure if you actually realised, but I'm for jamming..?? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0