• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A big thumbs up on pickups!

I tried picking up German grenades near a gun before and it wasnt centered right so i ended up dropping and repicking up my weapon like three times fast before i got the nades. That's one negative thing about the new system.

before, you drop with one button, and picked up with another.

I still think you should drop with backslash then pickup with Z, but keep the ammo pouches obviously.

Same problem here......they should give you the option to auto-drop or not.

Upvote 0
I tried picking up German grenades near a gun before and it wasnt centered right so i ended up dropping and repicking up my weapon like three times fast before i got the nades. That's one negative thing about the new system.

before, you drop with one button, and picked up with another.

I still think you should drop with backslash then pickup with Z, but keep the ammo pouches obviously.

Pouches are good. But trying to pick up grenades/satchels/panzerfausts when there is a weapon of the same class you are holding nearby is a BIG problem.

One time I was near a tank and there were a bunch of panzerfausts sitting on the ground where one of my teamates got riddled with the coaxial MG when he went to take it out. Me being the sneaky bastid I am snuck to the panzerfausts undetected but as I tried to pick them up I kept switching to his dropped MP40. Suffice it to say that eventually the my cover was blown the I was taken out by the tank.

Moral of the story either require you to throw your weapon to pick up a weapon of the same class as it was before or give players the option of quick weapon pickup or the old version.

Upvote 0
I think the new system is unuseable and really stinks. if you go to pick up some ammo or grenades etc you will throw down one rifle and pick up another that is crazy. I thought there would be an option to not auto weapon swithc but that doesent seem so.

I am deeply concerned and quite frankly i think its gone from bad to worse and is now unplayable and lacks any form of consistancy as you can now spend 3 times longer picking stuff up etc to get what you want with all the confusin of it picking up the stuuf other than what it says its going to pick up meanwhile you get shot.

I had a sniper rifle and was trying to pick up some grenades and it swithced to the rifle with no scope and basically it makes more situations with problems than it solved.

This is so funny when the mod was out the developers used to chew your head off and say jsut look at the optins and you can see how to pick up a weapon.

Again we are seeing the game dumbed down and almost the exact opposite point is made that we are dummbimng down the game for retards when the motto used to be look it up retard.

And again we are seeing the game basically dumbed down for Counter Strike players and little kids why not put big color coded arrows above our heads red and blue so we know who is german and russian I mean those little kids out there that cant pick up a weapon also cant tell the difference between russian and german. heck why stop there lets Fisher Price color code the whole game and it will look like a 2 year olds plastic toy.

If you look close and pay attention the game looks and feels like its being dumbed down for a console game relaease sometime in the future. Thats just my opinion since the new game came out it looks more like a console FPS in many ways and the controls and **** are all headed in that direction.

Anyway the new system is retarded you can litterally pick up and drop like 5 thiungs in a row like you are some mental patient that cant decide and end up walking away a minute later saying "screw that its that last time I try to pick up some grenades damn all that trouble"

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL. I find this dissertation quite funny. You complain how it is now harder to pick up things. Then you complain that the game is dumbed down towards retarded poeple. :rolleyes:

The weird thing is, (and I'm truely wondering why people report having NO luck at all picking up grenades), is that I hardly ever have trouble picking up grenades, even if it's a few cm away from a gun. I just can't understand why some people are NEVER able to get grenades from the ground, where as i can most of the time without fail :S

In the last three weeks i had it maybe like 2 or 3 times where i accidentely swapped mu gun for another, and usually it was because i was in too much of a hurry.

I do understand there's an issue, especially since poeple are reporting having problems with it, but I might be more experienced with the new system and thus take more care in picking up things because I have more playingtime with it?

Upvote 0
Its a fact though that a problem has been created that didn't exist before. Now unless you are very careful there is a good chance you swap weapons by mistake. This means it takes longer to pick up stuff with the new system. Its like trying to fix something thats not broken and breaking it in the process. Come on how hard is it to press the drop weapon button? Its way easier/quicker than swapping weapons because items are too close to each other. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but I think the old system would be better but with ammo like it is now.

Upvote 0
Its a fact though that a problem has been created that didn't exist before. Now unless you are very careful there is a good chance you swap weapons by mistake. This means it takes longer to pick up stuff with the new system. Its like trying to fix something thats not broken and breaking it in the process. Come on how hard is it to press the drop weapon button? Its way easier/quicker than swapping weapons because items are too close to each other. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but I think the old system would be better but with ammo like it is now.

What strikes me in most of your posts on the weapon pickup system, is that you seem to think it didn't have those problems before, but in fact it did have the simular problems before: the layering of objects close together. That is still a problem for which we don't have come up with a satisfying solution yet. So there isn't a new problem created that didn't exist before, we just didn't find a solution for that problem yet. I actually have LESS problems now getting what I want as opposed to the old system. But in the old system i tried and if unsuccessfull I just went on my way.
Like I said before, I take these reports serious, but I also know people usually have to get used to changes a little bit.

Upvote 0
ROFL. I find this dissertation quite funny. You complain how it is now harder to pick up things. Then you complain that the game is dumbed down towards retarded poeple. :rolleyes:

He's perhaps complaining because you tried to streamline the system with the aim of making the game more appealing to new players, but in the process made the system awkward and unuserfriendly. All for the sake of making it one button press because some people in the RO free trial never worked out how to pick up weapons. Yes new players will find it easier with the current system, but even you have had instances were you swapped weapons when you didn't mean to. Is that worth making the game easier for the types of people that can't be arsed finding the drop weapon button? Its people like this who can't be arsed working out that a Shutze is a rifleman and I don't think they will make the servers any better in terms of team play. I say let these people keep playing DOD or CS or something

What strikes me in most of your posts on the weapon pickup system, is that you seem to think it didn't have those problems before, but in fact it did have the simular problems before: the layering of objects close together. That is still a problem for which we don't have come up with a satisfying solution yet. So there isn't a new problem created that didn't exist before, we just didn't find a solution for that problem yet. I actually have LESS problems now getting what I want as opposed to the old system. But in the old system i tried and if unsuccessfull I just went on my way.
Like I said before, I take these reports serious, but I also know people usually have to get used to changes a little bit.

Yes if layering is the issue then you still can't take items, but before if you tried you wouldn't swapp weapons. You either could get the items by spamming pickup all round it or moved on, but now if you try that expect to swap weapons a lot.

Maybe I need to get used to it more, but its perhaps more the fact that theres so many bugs that need fixing before things like this that makes me more negative about it. Ah well its your game and you can do what you feels best, but I just hope you don't shift the emphasis too much to trying to appeal to more people while at the same time removing things that make the game stand out, such as changing class names. I was surprise with the backlash on the forums over something so minor but I can see now that it probably wasn't the actual name changes but what it suggested about the direction you guys want to take the game. As long as it doesn't go too far it won't be a problem, like if you suddenly decided to put massive signs above allies heads to prevent new players tking each other. The "dumbing down" stuffs been very minor so far but I just hope it doesn't go too far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing is, we could only fix bugs, that would certainly make my job easier, and i could fully focus on things you guys wouldn't see for ages :)
No new maps, no new weapons, no new features etc. But i think that wouldn't make anyone happier, maybe some, but not a lot. You guys feel we can improve this game, we feel we can. We might not always agree on how and when though :)

Upvote 0
The thing is, we could only fix bugs, that would certainly make my job easier, and i could fully focus on things you guys wouldn't see for ages :)
No new maps, no new weapons, no new features etc. But i think that wouldn't make anyone happier, maybe some, but not a lot. You guys feel we can improve this game, we feel we can. We might not always agree on how and when though :)

You're right but you're talking in one extreme or another. You're adding for the sake of adding or even adding for people that will never end up buying the game anyways (read: free week feedback) You're pumping out new material while glazing over some of the deeper problems in the game. In the end we don't want you to just fix bugs, cause we're selfish and want new crap, but in the future maybe see better prioritization of projects. I can name two pretty big bugs off the top of my head, dolphin diving and the drop layering (well and new issues with the system as is). Ok so every once in a while we get a patch with no new additions, but the thing that keeps word of mouth, one of the great sellers of this game, going is seeing the developers fix true problems with the game, moreso than new content.

Upvote 0
Now i've never programed anything in my life so this could be complete b*****ks... But i would imagine your character has some sort of positional co-ordinates, right? (his location on the map.... x, y and z values) To solve the layering issue; Why not, when you die, just assign different positional values to each weapon slot..... the position of your death minus 2 (units) on the x axis for nades... plus 2 units for your weapon.. minus 1 for pistol, etc....

Yeah, it might not be realistic in that each weapon type is in a separate pile but its closer to realism than the current system because you could take what you want QUICKLY... IRL picking things up is a piece of p**s... you wouldn't reach down for nades and pick up a rifle by mistake... unless you were a f*****g spoon!

I know im new to the forums and i'm sorry to be raggin on the system, but i've had soooo much hassle trying to get satchels that are lying below a gun... But with that said the ammo pouch system is very welcome! Keep up the good work TWI lot cuz RO is an AWESOME game on the whole!!!!

Upvote 0