• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Barashaka sniper

Plaid13

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
Ok maybe im just loosing my mind here but it seems like only one sniper per team is allowed now on barashaka and i could of swore it used to be 2. Why was this changed? Or was it not changed and it was just some weird fluke with the server i was on. Personaly i thought 2 per team was perfect for that map since it was so big and infantry was so scattered. Was this ment to be changed? if it was why wasnt it in the patch notes?

Personaly i think its a big deal because the map is the only one that had 2 snipers and it worked well on the map. its alot of fun sniping tankers when they are bouncing around face hanging out of the front of the tank. Mostly it just bugs me that it was changed without any mention of it in the patch notes. if they changed that without saying so what else did they change?

Upvote 0
I know tons of people want maps with more snipers just so they could use them if they dont have the fastest computer. i really liked this map with the extra snipers because it would really show what snipers are for real long range shots. I really hope this is a mistake that gets changed back.

Upvote 0
The objectives arent important anymore... As soon as the russians cap one everyone hops in the clown cars and drives to the german side of the river. Theres no point really holding the objectives anymore as its so easy to bypass and outflank.

My suggestion is to bring back the flowing river but add some infantry crossings in different places (either foot bridges or fords or whatever). That should still allow the map to open up more and not be quite so much a meatgrinder.

Upvote 0
Snipers are useless on that map. Anti-tank infantry are more important on that map. Picking off commanders might be fun, but you're better totting a Panzerfaust. Or a PTRD which doubles as a rifle. With a dozen tanks roaming around you better have some kind of AT capability.
I consistantly have the highest point total while playing Barashaka as sniper. True, having on panzerfaust on you at all times is a good idea but there are plenty of places to pick them up. You can completely deny enemy infantry access to the bridge as well as pick off infantry coming out of their spawn if you are a good shot and know the bullet drop and how much to lead them. There's plenty of places to hide from tanks on the bridge, and if you happen to have a panzerfaust you just pop up when they roll past and take them out.

Something does need to be done about how easy it is to cross the river without using the bridge though.

Upvote 0
Snipers play important roles on that map. You can pick off almost any infantry on the bridge using snipers which means tanks and vechiles can pass safely through. You can gain a huge advatage with snipers if their skilled. If they can mark the Radios which i've done before you can prevent the enemy from every using Arty. they get so frustrated after a few attempts the ditch the arty

Upvote 0
Yes snipers are very important on this map and a good sniper will stay alive long enough to run out of ammo at least once the while time picking up panzerfausts every couple min so you can still take out tanks that cross the bridge. i normaly have the highest score with the sniper on this map as well just because its so easy to pick off infantry and tanks using the panzerfausts and the sniper rifles.

I do agree that the ice ****s it was great before where you had a chance to fall through and you couldnt stop. only infantry should be able to cross the ice.

Upvote 0