• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

that PzIV (H) thread.....

This is absolutely true in more ways than one. You've got tank fanatics, infantry fanatics, German fanatics, some Russian fanatics (not as many as the German fanboys it seems, but they're out there), etc.

People who have the attitude of "I only play [insert side/map style/class/etc. here]", basically.

When you come forward with that kind of attitude and try to argue from that perspective, you just end up sounding biased and, often, like a whiner. It's a lot harder to take someone seriously when they say "I only play German and only on tank maps and I'm bothered that my tank dies so give me a Tiger II and a Maus while you're at it." Ok, the Maus bit is an exagerration, but you get my drift. It's people arguing from their own narrow self-interested perspective without thinking about the game as a whole.

Does the PTRD act overpowered? Absolutely, but it kinda needs to in order to maintain any semblance of balance in the game, which in turn helps keep things fun. Thing is, a lot of times people say things like "The PTRD is WAY too powerful! I keep getting killed by them!" rather than "You know, the PTRD is really too powerful. I keep getting ridiculously easy kills that I shouldn't be getting." They may back up their position with numbers, facts, etc., but in the end it often boils down to "I want this thing that'll make MY personal experience better" rather than "The game as a whole would play better, regardless of what side or map or style you play, if it had X," followed by a reasoned, polite statement of one's position including support.

I'd say your an infantry fanatic because the Pz IV is penetrated by even a t34/85 on arad even while it's angled in some cases. We need the armor skirts and the increased penetration that the KwK L/48 offers.

Adding an ausf.h could only balance the game more, and yes it can be done, it's quite possible.

Upvote 0
Does the PTRD act overpowered? Absolutely, but it kinda needs to in order to maintain any semblance of balance in the game, which in turn helps keep things fun.

This game is already losing people because they are tweeking things for balance. If they continue tweeking for balance, people will continue to leave for games like CoH that look and run better and have balance. Im the last of my guild that still plays this game and when we all start playing this game we wanted "the most realistic WWII first-person multi-player combat to date on the PC" that they claim.

Upvote 0
:rolleyes: Do doomsayers ever get tired of it?

If you personally are not enjoying the game, by all means take a break from it or just leave. Yes, player numbers fluctuate as new stuff comes out (I for one have been absent playing Company of Heroes like a madman) but that doesn't mean people are leaving.

And if you can point out a single more realistic WWII shooter, by all means please advise. I'd love to play it.

Upvote 0
And if you can point out a single more realistic WWII shooter, by all means please advise. I'd love to play it.

Exactly. It may not be 100% realistic but (a) you can't have (and really don't WANT) 100% realism, and (b) it's a damnsight more realistic than ANYTHING else out there.

What other FPS games out there model actual penetration AT ALL of tank rounds? The system may not be perfect as compared to both real world #s and real world anecdotal accounts, but at least there IS a system.

What other FPS games do you know that model ballistics quite the same way and that TOTALLY do away with crosshairs in all views? I can't think of any but I'll gladly check out any that do.

There's plenty of things about the game that aren't perfectly realistic. Learn to live with it or move on because it's the nature of games in general.

Now, that's not to say that I don't want us to have good realism, but there has to be SOME consideration for balance and fun. For example, if the PTRD were modeled true to life, there'd be no point in including it on most Russian tank maps because it wouldn't even chip the paint of the later war tanks (and we have no viewslits or optics to damage). The devs would need to add something like lend-lease bazookas, RPG33s, and (at least for the halftracks) molotov cocktails. Otherwise, there'd be no point in having anti-tank troops in the first place. I mean, what, you're gonna put in a weapon that can't do anything and serves no purpose? If the PTRD or PTRS are going to be used in the game at all, they should be used on early war maps, or (if used across all time periods) should act as a placeholder for other weapons that were more up to snuff. Towards that end, they should remain effective.

Don't get me wrong. I hope to see other options for infantry-based anti-tank action. AT grenades, mannable AT cannons (or crewable), bazookas/panzerschreks, etc. But until that stuff's in, I'll take wonky PTRDs since my options are that or nothin' at all.

Upvote 0
I bet if the Dev's didnt add the T-34/85. These people whom call us "fanatics" would have something to say.After all this thread isnt requesting some "Ubertank" that was a prototype or something. We are simply and humbly requesting the additon the 2 most common German tanks of the war the Panzer IV H and the StugIIIG which became the most common tank later on in1945 after they started replacing broken tanks with Stugs. Anyways Infantry get enough attention if you guys havent noticed they have yet to add any new tank fixes or new tanks but we just got new infantry weapons and infantry fixes on both of the last updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bet if the Dev's didnt add the T-34/85. These people whom call us fanatics would have something to say.After all this thread isnt requesting some "ubertank" that was a prototype or something we are simply and humbly requesting the additon the most common German tank of the war the Panzer IV H and the StugIIIG which became the most common tank later on in1945 after they started replacing broken tanks with Stugs.
I want to see the Panzer IV H (as well as any other common armoured vehicle that was produced in large numbers like the SU85). I think the SU85 would be a more fitting counter-part to the Stug than the SU76. Though I'm confused on the Stug as according to the data sheet the stug right now in game IS the StugIIIG). But anyway they said 2 new vehicles are coming it just takes time.

Upvote 0
I want to see the Panzer IV H (as well as any other common armoured vehicle that was produced in large numbers like the SU85). I think the SU85 would be a more fitting counter-part to the Stug than the SU76. Though I'm confused on the Stug as according to the data sheet the stug right now in game IS the StugIIIG). But anyway they said 2 new vehicles are coming it just takes time.
The data sheet is wrong. In fact its wrong on other aspects as well.If we had the StugIII G it would have;
1.An Mg-34 (and a lose Mg-42)
2.Painted in Camo
3.Most likely in side skirts seeing as most StugIII G's were.
4.A commander's cupola.
Yes Id like to see other soviet tanks added too.If the SU-85 is ever added I hope its not as buggy as the SU-76-lol:D

Anyone know which PanzerIII we have in game? The official list says J the data sheet saids L.

Upvote 0
Just FYI, the only reason I ever call folks fanatics/fanboys of a particular army is (1) if they only ever play that side, (2) always are requesting improvements SOLELY for that side, or (3) keep asking for goofy uber weapons which pretty much exposes that (1) and (2) is probably true for them as well.

Personally, I want to see as many different options added to the game as possible. I recognize that there's a real lack of parity between the medium tanks in later war maps, but there's also lack of parity that actually favors the germans (IE: Russians have no troop transport, and no the clown car doesn't count).

Upvote 0
1. I love playing as a tanker but I also love to as play infantry(and who cares what people prefer! I could call you a fanatical Tree hugger if you prefered or voted for the democrats or an Evil facist republican if you voted the other way. calling people names is pointless and childish!)
2.The armor side has yet to get any fixes updates or addtions(big ones like armor and new stuff)
3.These are not "goofy uber tanks" just regular common tanks.
The best part is the Panzer IV H and StugIII G were built from the mid war 1943-1945 they are not very late war tank variants and as Ive stated infantry gets enough attention every patch we got updated infantry weapons or bugs I think its time for vehicles mainly the addtion of these crucial German tanks and some sort of deflection fix.The T-34/85 or 76 under no surcumstances should deflect 88mm round!Especially a direct shot!

Personally, I want to see as many different options added to the game as possible. I recognize that there's a real lack of parity between the medium tanks in later war maps, but there's also lack of parity that actually favors the germans (IE: Russians have no troop transport, and no the clown car doesn't count).
Yeah this really favors us so much!! Everytime we take aim with a Tiger at enemy tanks a "magical clown car" sneeks upbehind us to stachal us (clown cars have taken on following Tigers I) not to mention the clown cars speed and size (and its self righting mechanism) makes it difficult to kill long range. On maps with Panzerfausts laying around the clown car crew drives around finds a German tank pops out takes a shot kills us then drives away to the next victum(arad,That airfield level,hegdehog,ect.).It also has a knack for capping several Soviet objectives by sneeking around the Germans tanks.While the Soviet tanksers are losing the match which is unrealistic!-2 people can not retake territory!On levels like Hedgehog the clown car relentlessly gets into the German spawn and mows people down with its gun and car.
The clown car is or was a recon vehicle which is why Ive never figured out why they put it in game for then again the t-60 was too-oh well.-I recomend that the soviets get the truck back or pehaps fix the clown car and add the German verison(SdKfz 222) that the Soviets based their clown car on.
End Clown Car Rant! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
speaking of the thing itself, here's one nicely modeled and in the correct cammo paint scheme:

towpzivhlo8.jpg

plainly, and simply, it's just an obvious omission. however, it's been discussed ad nauseum. BTW, the screenie is from Theater of War, a great-looking new game coming out from 1C. see, generally, http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/index.html . this is most definately my next game, and I won't be looking back! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0