• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game doesn't start anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stands for Software Development Kit or something similar. In RO's case, it's mostly used to map maps and add in new models/skins and such :)

Merder, make sure that you stop the RO process, and delete the Steam.dll file WHILE steam is running. Do NOT close steam before you delete the file. FYI n' all :)

Yeah, thanks, I did that on my own while bungling around, and it worked. Thanks anyway. Should I still back up Steam.dll ?

Upvote 0
For the few of you who have had the problem without the SDK, give it a download. It is only 20 megs. It should clear up the problem.

Give WHAT a download? I don't have SDK, since latest patch I have problem described in original post, I DID delete the Steam DLL, Steam went thru update process and nothing changed, I still have the same symptoms (game WON'T start)

Oleg

Upvote 0
Let me also add this - this is ****ING LAME.

There hasn't been a single update that didn't give me show-stopping problems of some kind. Yes, problems got solved after couple days but it is still LAME.

I'd be happier playing the old version instead of staring at the forum waiting for something or someone to solve my problem.....

Upvote 0
Download the SDK is what I ment sorry for not being clear.

Downloaded the SDK, still the same thing - GAME WON'T START. Every freaking update it's the same - frankly I can't remember the game that gave player so many opportunities to remove it and never play it again as RO. One really REALLY has to love this game to even bother with all this crap.

So yes I do really REALLLY ****ING REALLY love your damn game even when I am as irritated as I am now.

Oh well, it's "remove every trace of everything Steam related, and reinstall everything" time. Just who do I send my "**** you's" to????

Oleg

Upvote 0
Tovarishch Samsonov - calm down please - you will lose what little hair you have left.

I am guessing you have actually run the SDK off of Steam (it has a steam icon if it's on ur desktop) rather than just the ROEd (which is a RO-style icon). If not, do so - you may need that first run with all its unlocking of SDK goodness for the magic to happen.

Worth a try anyway.

Upvote 0
Tovarishch Samsonov - calm down please - you will lose what little hair you have left.

I am guessing you have actually run the SDK off of Steam (it has a steam icon if it's on ur desktop) rather than just the ROEd (which is a RO-style icon). If not, do so - you may need that first run with all its unlocking of SDK goodness for the magic to happen.

Worth a try anyway.

Doing my best to achieve (or maintain?) the role of Nasty Old Man of the RO community tovarish Makhno.

I tried everything, I unlocked "SDK goodness" (LOL) but my game still would not start! Sorry mate, but I'd rather play the GAME and leave playing with SDK to you :D

Anyway, re-downloading everything again, at 84%, la di da..... BUT, ain't this game the most user unfriendly FPS ever or what?

Oleg/Samsonov

Upvote 0
i did all of the above, delete dll, copy it, start sdk (it updated) but i still cant connect. isn't is supposed to be fixed?? what a nice start to the weekend :(

okay, ive been trying for 45 minutes now... DOES THE GAME WORK FOR ANY OF THOSE WHO HAVE UPDATED THE SDK?? not for me, i think the "fix" aint fixing anything....
please fix this or kill me, i havent had the time to play RO at all this week. if i can't even play on sunday im gonna shoot myself

why do we actually need steam? for the fun of having to login everytime you wanna play or use the sdk, or for the update and news spams we get all the time?? ( im not angry at the game or the devs, if this was a game that i wouldnt really like then i wouldn't bother but for the love of god it's RO! let me play, i need it real bad :p )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.