• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please change the sniper kill icon back.

leetsnypoorkg0.png

Upvote 0
What i hate most about it is, that many bad people will become snipers because everyone sees clearly when they kill (i don't know why so many people get a hard on about their killcount).
So we will get more idiots lying on the top of the stalingrad assembly hall, not helping to capture and not helping to kill important targets (MGs, Officers, Snipers), but to lie there and kill as many simple infantrymen as they can. Just that everyone can see how much this bad mother****er kills :p

Upvote 0
What i hate most about it is, that many bad people will become snipers because everyone sees clearly when they kill (i don't know why so many people get a hard on about their killcount).
So we will get more idiots lying on the top of the stalingrad assembly hall, not helping to capture and not helping to kill important targets (MGs, Officers, Snipers), but to lie there and kill as many simple infantrymen as they can. Just that everyone can see how much this bad mother****er kills :p

Hmm, this is pretty funny. Your actually complaining that the sniper kill icon will encourage poeple that are snipers to play like a real sniper :) There is only 1 sniper per team, and the sniper SHOULD be hanging back taking out enemy infantry, not rushing into cap zones like Rambo.

Upvote 0
Hmm, this is pretty funny. Your actually complaining that the sniper kill icon will encourage poeple that are snipers to play like a real sniper :) There is only 1 sniper per team, and the sniper SHOULD be hanging back taking out enemy infantry, not rushing into cap zones like Rambo.
I do not agree. Sniper should move up with his squad to neutralize an area of enemy-snipers and machinegunners.

Upvote 0
I played as a sniper yesterday, and gave it up quickly after seeing the icon flash a few times. It's like it screams, "HEY EVERYBODY! I'M A SNIPER, AND I"M OVER HERE SOMEWHERE!!" I mean, normally if you get shot and don't see who got you, you may shrug it off and assume they've moved on, but if you see the sniper icon you know to go back there and search for the sniper. I thought that part of the point of being a sniper is that nobody knows there is one.

Upvote 0
First, I dont understand why anyone should know what killed em..
I've never died before, but I am quite sure, that I dont get any message who killed me.
Im pretty sure that if I died the reinforcements that will take up my space, would know anything about the killer.

Secondly, if I am able to see if a sniper killed me, then in my next life I would go to revenge my past reincarnation exactly where he was hiding. The icon gave him away.
This is called bad Karma for snipers, no?
Isnt it unfair that my reincarnation knows where my past life enemy situated him self?

Thridly:
May I ask why the Dev's arent discussion the ideas with the commuinty more openly.
Instead you seem to add things that I havent seen suggested anywhere in the forum...
If you wish to please the community why dont you ask us, or create votes to see what your customers wish for?

1) What are you currently working on, and what are your present priorities.
2) Where would YOU as a crew like to take RO ? IE What are your future dreams and which dreams do you think can be completed in THIS version of RO?

Do you mostly try to please the majority of customers, or do you want to create an experience as close as posible to reality ?
(yes I know not even reality is real :D.... Neo found out too)

I've asked you this before, but still hope for atleast one answer :)

Hugs Teq

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First, I dont understand why anyone should know what killed em..
I've never died before, but I am quite sure, that I dont get any message who killed me.
Im pretty sure that if I died the reinforcements that will take up my space, would know anything about the killer.

Secondly, if I am able to see if a sniper killed me, then in my next life I would go to revenge my past reincarnation exactly where he was hiding. The icon gave him away.
This is called bad Karma for snipers, no?
Isnt it unfair that my reincarnation knows where my past life enemy situated him self?

Thridly:
May I ask why the Dev's arent discussion the ideas with the commuinty more openly.
Instead you seem to add things that I havent seen suggested anywhere in the forum...
If you wish to please the community why dont you ask us, or create votes to see what your customers wish for?

1) What are you currently working on, and what are your present priorities.
2) Where would YOU as a crew like to take RO ? IE What are your future dreams and which dreams do you think can be completed in THIS version of RO?

Do you mostly try to please the majority of customers, or do you want to create an experience as close as posible to reality ?
(yes I know not even reality is real :D.... Neo found out too)

I've asked you this before, but still hope for atleast one answer :)

Hugs Teq

Lots of questions. Some answers.

Icons don't give snipers away. All you and your team knows is that you got shot by a sniper. Not where he is, unless you saw him and ID'd him before you got killed.
Sure, as the dead guy, you don't know what hit you. But who says the unit as a whole doesn't know what hit you? In reality, the unit you would be in would be alarmed instantly, and orders would be given immediately. In your gaming world, things like that don't happen. So you rely on 'gamey' aspects to simulate things like that. I see it as a translation. And the sniper, like in real life, should move as soon as he exposed himself (which in both cases he should assume he did)

One of our goals is to have a happy community. We read. We sometimes comment, but further then that we usually go our way and take with us anything that we like.
We don't nessecerily want to add every idea that's being discussed here for various reasons. And might I point out to you that even the active forum part of the RO players (which is a part of ALL RO players) usually don't agree on most things ;) So, if we would have to wait for you lot to agree on something, RO wouldn't have had a single content addition, just bugfixes.

Some things suggested are in the works already. Some things aren't. You already know we do not promise features to appear beforehand, because they might not make it.

Another goal is to improve the game as we see fit. That should answer the part where you ask about things that weren't requested.

You other question i can't answer by picking either side. We try to create a game that is not too complex to play (controls/actions), and that will appeal to a wide variety of people by being immersive as if you are in a real war. I don't see the two things bite.

Upvote 0
Icons don't give snipers away. All you and your team knows is that you got shot by a sniper.

not true, if you hear where the shot came from, and at the same time the shot occured the sniper kill icon pops up, you will have a general idea where he is. And everyone hates snipers so that would mean a greater chance of more people hunting the sniper, which means less people capping.

Upvote 0
not true, if you hear where the shot came from, and at the same time the shot occured the sniper kill icon pops up, you will have a general idea where he is. And everyone hates snipers so that would mean a greater chance of more people hunting the sniper, which means less people capping.

In a real war don't you generally try and kill the sniper so he doesn't kill any more of your guys?

Upvote 0
In a real war do you have an icon pop up telling you that your buddy just got shot by a sniper and not just another rifleman?

In a real war does a Death Message pop up and tell you where to go look when you re-spawn?

In a real war, your fellow squad mates will know for sure that you just got hit by a sniper :p

Sure, as the dead guy, you don't know what hit you. But who says the unit as a whole doesn't know what hit you? In reality, the unit you were in, would be alarmed instantly, and orders would be given immediately. In your gaming world, things like that don't happen. So you rely on 'gamey' aspects to simulate things like that. I see it as a translation. And the sniper, like in real life, should move as soon as he exposed himself (which in both cases he should assume he did)

Upvote 0