• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An interesting observation..

Grobut

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
If you open the SVT-40 and G-43 model files in the SDK, you will find an animation on the list called Reload_striper, i kid you not, reloading with stripers is animated!

But its not compleate yet, the model contains no striper clip, so the animation just plays the motions without loading anything, still, this wasen't there last i looked, so, seems to me that its coming our way at some point ;)

And this means in laymans lanuage :confused: what exactly sorry i have little exprience with rifles.

The SVT 40 was able to reloaded by changing the box magazine, however it was intended to primarily be reloaded by inserting stripper clips at the top, like the G41 in game currently. I don't know for sure about the G43, but it's probably the same :)

Upvote 0
Or maybe it's just left over code they never clean out. You know that happens a lot in games. Everyone is like "zOMG ANIMATION FOR PIG TOSSING, YES!" But in reality it was just some old joke. It could have also been some old idea they had, but never went through with. I wouldn't get excited if I were you.

I will buy whatever game features pig tossing.

Just throwing that out there, TWI.

Upvote 0
Gah, I was getting confused as to why I couldn't find anything on "stripers" in Wikipedia. Had to Wiki the SVT40 and track the link to magazines down.

Anyway, if they do add stripper reloading to those guns, that's cool, but either way, it's still just reloading it, it does the same thing, so it wouldn't bother me if they didn't add it. :)

Upvote 0
I did find a skinned model of the MG42 in the editor one version before it was actually released... same thing for the first person crawling animations and the scoped SVT. The editor can hold many wonders for those who wish to find them. There are also a buttload of great, immersive sounds in the RO directory, but I don't remember hearing them in game. ;)

Upvote 0
Anyway, if they do add stripper reloading to those guns, that's cool, but either way, it's still just reloading it, it does the same thing, so it wouldn't bother me if they didn't add it. :)

The difference is, if you have an SVT-40 and run dry of ammo, you are in big trouble right now, you are likely the only person or one of only two carrying that ammo, but if stripper reload is added, you could just pick up a pouch of Mosin Nagant strippers and keep on shooting.

But Strother is right, this is no garuentee of anything, but there is something interesting about it, in 3.3 (the last mod release of RO), thease animations where there too, but when Ostfront came out, the animations where removed.. now they are back, so im thinking, if they bothered putting them back in, they must be considdering it.

Upvote 0