• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Russian Voice

Sandman said:
I'd like it if there were like 2 or 3 different "sets" of voice commands, which sounded different, that were randomized at spawn so that each "person" had their own voice. Would probably be a lot of work tho, but would add to immersion in the sense that a new spawn is supposed to be a new guy...

I like this idea, but you are right... it would prob take alot of work as well as a lot of RAM. Still, anything that helps in distinguishing your current soldier from the one you were just playing, who died, would be a good addition imo.

Upvote 0
You can just unpack this somewhere and have the old voices back!!!!

Thanks a lot! Yeah the new guy might utter more corrent phrases but frankly I cannot stand HIM and he doesn't put his heart enough into it. Old Russian guy for me ;) To each his own - after all we should all be happy.

I think it will be best if this was made optional - make it a small tick in the config menu - what's the big deal?

Upvote 0
AWWW JESUS TW!!!!

Damnit...... what did I tell you about GEORGE LUCAS SYNDROME!!!

DAMN!!!! it was fine the way it was....... it sounded sooooo much better with the old voices, it had great depth to it........ and it sounded dirty and somewhat muffled (went well with arty or MG fire)

These new voices however seem out of place, too crisp and clear..... and just overall sound weak!

This was clearly not a bug, and there was clearly nothing wrong with it.... WHY MUST YOU CHANGE THINGS THAT NEED NOT BE CHANGED!!

ARGH TW HAS GEORGE LUCAS SYNDROME!!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Improve game quality, maps, bugs, glitches, MASSIVE SPIKE ERRORS! That does not include changing voices.........

There you go again changing something so stupid, and now you have to deal with all the hard core RO players complaining; especially me!

It was great I can remove the map at start up now, change names to native language....... but this is just as bad as changing names into english.... IT WAS PERFECT!!! It did not need to be changed at all..... This was just a waist of time to the new patch, when it could have been time well spent on fixing up the game....... :mad:

Upvote 0
I'm actually quite surprised at the number of cosmetic changes that are being made rather than being added as additional options. Things like the class names (yes, we all know the deal with that, so no need for anyone to lord their superior forum trolling skills over me) and the voices would be much better if offered as options. The class names are being added as player choice, so why not voices? The game can easily support it without it being much more of a resource hog, the support's been in UT2k4 since the very beginning. For those of us who were players of the original mod (and most of us the UT game before it), we'd all remember the fact that UT not only allowed you to choose your own avatar, but also from a range of voices, 4 or 5 per gender from memory.

It would actually server a dual purpose - placate those who dislike the new voice and at the same time, create greater battlefield immersion through more realistic variety. Of course, it'll probably never happen and is hardly high priority, but it would certainly be nice.

I also have to wonder why a single publisher for a single region gets to dictate changes made to a global game... Certainly it's an important region and a big market. A small cosmetic change in exchange for a publishing deal is a relatively small price to pay, but still...

Upvote 0
The old voices were not so much bad, as rather... boisterous. Like an actor who's really seriously overacting his part. They were really fun though, and I always got a kick out of them, and some of the insults were kinda... unusually creative. I know there were some impolite words which brought a smile to my face, though I can't help feeling a cerain sense of irony that I can't write their translations on this board without it getting filtered :).

Upvote 0
The old voices were not so much bad, as rather... boisterous. Like an actor who's really seriously overacting his part. They were really fun though, ...

Is it fun to hear "Next time I will get you!" instead of "I will kill you!"? Or "Cover me" instead of "Get cover!"? Insults weren't insults at all. Well. maybe offensive intonation, but nothing insulting, still.
Now it's all right (except that funny voice)

Upvote 0
AWWW JESUS TW!!!!

DAMN!!!! it was fine the way it was....... it sounded sooooo much better with the old voices, it had great depth to it........ and it sounded dirty and somewhat muffled (went well with arty or MG fire)

These new voices however seem out of place, too crisp and clear..... and just overall sound weak!

This was clearly not a bug, and there was clearly nothing wrong with it.... WHY MUST YOU CHANGE THINGS THAT NEED NOT BE CHANGED!!

ARGH TW HAS GEORGE LUCAS SYNDROME!!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Improve game quality, maps, bugs, glitches, MASSIVE SPIKE ERRORS! That does not include changing voices.........

There you go again changing something so stupid, and now you have to deal with all the hard core RO players complaining; especially me!

It was great I can remove the map at start up now, change names to native language....... but this is just as bad as changing names into english.... IT WAS PERFECT!!! It did not need to be changed at all..... This was just a waist of time to the new patch, when it could have been time well spent on fixing up the game....... :mad:

Look several posts above yours as to how to bring the old voices back - I did and never looked back. I'd never trade the nice hearty feeling in the old ones for the more correct new ones, plus with the new ones some of the vehicles commands do not always correspond to what you want to say (in case the other guy in the tank understands Russian) - for example "move forward a little/5m" sometimes comes off as simply "move forward" with the new guy. I never had problems understanding the old one without having to read the command just to make sure it was correct. For me the new guy sounds as if he has put two pieces of fries up his nostrils...

Anyway - to each his own - this is a choice that does not affect other people so there is a way for all to be happy enough I think ;)

Upvote 0
AWWW JESUS TW!!!!

Jeez man relax. The old russian text was bugged since they didnt make sense in several occasions as you might have read by now. I'm sorry you don't like the new ones, jeez.

Upvote 0
I can't help feeling a cerain sense of irony that I can't write their translations on this board without it getting filtered :).

Damn ****ing right mate! :D

Big huge thanks to Brutal for his foresight and smart thinking - he has made the game bearable for me again. Mate I owe you a big silver trophy with "В БОБРУЙСК ЖИВОТНОЕ" engraved on the side. :D :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ну спасибо, :( так они никогда не будут изменять этот хреновый голос :mad:

Ты забыл про "except the funny voice". Чего в 7GA делаешь? Сколько я их видел - идиоты редкостные. Только ты нормально и стреляешь :) Не мог поверить, что ты русский...

Now English ;) Sorry everyone, we're gonna get PM with Russian.
Of course, the _phrases_ are right now after patch. But I'm agreed with Nestor and others about stupid Russian ugly voice that really needs to be changed.

Upvote 0
Oh my GOD! I have mistaken!! Nooo! Nooo!
Phrases are not correct!

"Next time I will get you!" is still sounds instead of "I will kill you!"
and "Cover me" - instead of "Get cover!", still...

Just a voice changed,,, And a little phrases... Nooo.... Nooo...
1C, you DO always s*ck! ..they just removed some bad words but repeated the phrases,,, sh*t...

Upvote 0