• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server I'm having packetloss problems after the patch

We had that too on our server.
Was that sporadically on yours or more regularly?

At first, I thought is was the providers fault with the line, but further inspection showed that it wasn't a problem on that end.
Cpu load was also normal, without noticeable spikes. So I wonder what the problem really is. Me and my mates tried lot aof different servers and all seem to have the same probs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From my general conversations with players and other admins it would seem that almost all servers are reporting higher pings since the last patch particularly on maps with vehicles.

Again I would ask the TW devs to please please look at some serious improvements in server optimization.
A multiplayer only game needs great servers to survive and that means servers with better CPU resource management than we are seeing at the moment.;)

Upvote 0
We had 24 players on Arad last night, we had serve lag issues, this most notabily can be see by the amount of blanks you fire, I rarely fire blanks but was getting a lot of constant blanks and including one bout of 3 in a row, very unusual.

The player ping were up to about 240, considering two weeks ago same map same amount of people, the ping were down around the 70-100's

Upvote 0
i got reported this from our new rootserver too (conroe 6600, 2gb ram, linux)

i was watching the cpu-usage in putty, while the server was full with 32 players. it was working really good with only 30-50%. then someone in teamspeak reported the lag and i saw a cpu-usage of 80% at this moment.

next time ill watch the time, so perhaps i can check the log-file later.

a statement of tripwire would be really nice. :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0