• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I have to ask....

Conscript

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
England
....was anything done to SMGs in the patch? Because one thing I have noticed is that the SMGs feel much better now...the wierd massive recoil you get even when tapping the trigger has gone, and they seem to be more fluid to control, more predictable.....on the whole, a lot better. Even I, someone who is not really adept with SMGs, found myself taking out several enemies at once in close quarter maps using short bursts.

However, Im informed that no changes were made to SMG code. But they definately feel much better.

Also, well done with the patch. So far, it all feels a lot better. Im not too keen on the new jogging animations, but they are better than the straight backed ones we had before :D The new Russian voice sounds great and the G41, in the few times Ive been able to use it, has been most satisfying.

Maybe your FPS was low. When it drops to a certain point the smg recoil pretty much goes away and guns like the PPSH behave a bit more like they should.

edit: Wait, that's kinda what you said. I thought the code they removed was low FPS/MAJOR recoil, and they went back to the current no recoil version. Anyway, they seem the same to me.

Upvote 0
....was anything done to SMGs in the patch? Because one thing I have noticed is that the SMGs feel much better now...the wierd massive recoil you get even when tapping the trigger has gone....

There are posts exactly like this after every update on every game I've ever been apart of.

People get a little too psyched out about changes in games after updates.

Upvote 0
No, more like with the addition of new things, you start reevaluating the rest of the game to see if it's different/same. When you're talking about things like the "feel" of the game (IE: "The G43 just doesn't feel right to me. I can't get the hang of it."), sometimes the psychological impact of changes elsewhere will lead you to reevaluate something in a fresh light.

So, people who say "The SMGs feel like they kick too much" may look at them after a content update and say "Huh...they feel better now..."

Upvote 0
People have been saying they've gained like 10FPS because of the patch. Maybe you were getting some of the "added recoil for low fps" before the patch and its gone now because your FPS is higher.

This sounds most likely. Anyway, I wasn't angry, quite the opposite. The game feels much better now, I was just puzzled.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I do strongly recommend everybody use the built in defrag utility in steam on RO and all their steam games.

I have, and just did, and have never had it say anything other than 0% fragmentation.

Yoshiro, could you clarify the low fps bug, since there are differing opinions here. My understanding is that currently if your fps drops below a certain point the recoil goes away, and that the strong recoil that some people (including me) complain about is intentional. Correct? :confused:

Upvote 0