• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 questions/comments

Transmogrifier

Feb 25, 2006
Maine
First off, I'd like to say that the G41 is a cool addtion since it is such a unique weapon. However, I've found that it goes through ammo pretty fast and apparently K98 stripper clips aren't compatable so it's difficult to find more ammo lying around. Did the G41 use different stripper clips from the K98 in real life or is this a coding issue/oversight?

I really like how you can load another stripper clip when you have five or less rounds left still in the gun, its really neat to watch and I figure that it may save my little video game-life at some point or another.

Godd job TW at creating this excelent addition to RO, now only if the Panzershrek, Bazooka, Nagant Revolver, and a few others can be added to the roster. . . :p

Upvote 0
Let me start by say you guys did a damn good job!!!!!!!! I love this patch. keep up the good work!
but there are 2 small comments I have.
1.The Gewehr -41 had a bayonet attachment like the Karabiner98 k
2.There were many sniper variants made

I know a bayonet thats kind of minor but what can I say I love bayoneting unsuspecting Soviets. :D

Both the the G 41 (M) and the G 41 (W) could be fixed with bayonets, early models often were fitted with the small 1.5x scopes, late G 41 (W) mounted the 4x scopes. The weapon at right shows a G 41 (W) with Zielfernrohr 41 scope of 1.5x magnification.
g41mbay.jpg

See this guys obviously smileing because he just spotted an unsuspecting commie hes gonna bayonet.-lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bet were using the Walther model because they were produced in greater number and the Mauser model was a very flawed and its produtcion was stopped after ~6500 units were produced. But to the point. I really like the how it sounds, but due to the very slow reload speed and the lack of a bayonet (why oh why isnt it implemented?) id rather go kar98 any day.

Upvote 0
I would like to have G43 only on late maps like Odessa. Maybe the G41 was still used there, but it is also strange if everyone who can takes a G41 over everything else...

The G43 and G41 shouldn't be both in one map.

We felt it would be nice to have 1 map that acted as a bridge/ crossover. Odessa was the earliest map where this was possible.

Upvote 0